THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
So a few years ago (2013) I saw Oldyote make something he dubbed an “Atomic Raspberry” for the “Berry Me” Throwdown. (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164088)

I was intrigued by it and have always wanted to try making them. I even made up a Smoked Jalepeño Bacon Cream Cheese Pie w/ Raspberry Chipotle Topping to try and mimic them. (Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169449)

Today I tried to recreate them. Here are most of my ingredients.

I drizzled hot sauce into the bowl. I then put 5 of the 1 oz. packages of cream cheese, 2 tbsp. of pepper jelly, 2 tsp. of raspberry jam and approximately 18 raspberries in the bowl.

and gave it a thorough mixing.

I put this in the fridge to rest a while. Now I cleaned out 6 large jalapeños of all the seeds.

I put the filling into a zip-loc bag and cut the tip off to fill my jalapeños. (Tip: When you cut that tip off be ready to fill the jalapeños as the filling will immediately start oozing out)

After filling the jalapeños I place some raspberries in also. (Tip: Do not over fill the jalapeños with filling or when you do this the filling will ooze out all over the place)

Now I wrap them with some homemade bacon. (Toothpicks as required)

I put these in the fridge and went out and got my kamado going. Direct / in-direct with the upper racks in. I let it get up to 325 degrees and then put the jalapeños on the direct side for 10 minutes.

I then moved them over to the in-direct side for 25 minutes.

While this was cooking I made up some raspberry BBQ sauce.

At the 20 minute marks I basted them with the raspberry BBQ sauce

And here it is plated.

And the Money Shot below.

Oh Yeah! Appetizer and desert in one. :becky:

Back