THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

billbek

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
They call me....Bill
Anyone have any experience with the Akorn mini?
Asking for a "friend" that may want to carry one in his travel trailer....

I had one, pretty cool for grilling but hard to keep heat down for smoking. my son borrowed it and I haven't seen it sense

I have one I used to use in the camper. It’s now in the shed and used for tail gating etc. I like it for grilling a batch of burgers and dogs or steak at a tailgate etc. too hard to keep temps down for easy smoking but certainly can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool, thanks guys.
They look like they would be a good steak and burger cooker in the campsite.

Cool, thanks guys.
They look like they would be a good steak and burger cooker in the campsite.

I had/have a mini Akorn. I took it to a friend's house to sear off some steaks and ended up leaving it there. It was too small for my tastes so I've never bothered going back to get it. I know it is a different price range, but I would suggest looking at a PKTX or their new PKGO if you want a cool travel grill. I don't even need one, but I want to get that PKGO.

Back