THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sjhill

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Stu
Any brethren out there have any experience with the grill gun? I have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my wallet and looking for a new toy. Right now I mostly just use starter cubes when starting the WSC. Would this make that big of a difference?

No experience but haven’t heard a bad word about them. Guys that have one seem to really enjoy it. Much bigger/intense flame than a typical torch.

Im the same, I just use the old faithful charcoal chimney and a propane torch to jumpstart it, wait ten minutes and dump the chimney in with hot coals. I would say spend your money on a nice temp pen or even a "fire board" temp sensor, I love mine, thats the best money I ever spent! monitor your pit from you phone anywhere.

Another vote on a Harbor Freight weed burner. (I also recommend the push button ignitor version of it) One of the best purchases I've made when it comes to tools/accessories for my grills/smokers.

Another vote on a Harbor Freight weed burner. (I also recommend the push button ignitor version of it) One of the best purchases I've made when it comes to tools/accessories for my grills/smokers.

Make that 3x votes on Harbor freight weed burner. That grill gun is just overpriced at geared toward Foodie's that in most cases never used a grill or smoker in their life. Probably live in NYC and can't have open flame cooking devices. And the Sous vide crowd that are afraid of burning their fingers.

A flame thrower is the post-apocalypse weapon of choice.

You will need one to survive not to light your grill. :razz:

Drunk on bourbon, I bought the grill gun when it was offered on Kickstarter. It took a looong time to arrive and thought I had thrown away $99. It is fun to use and draws attention. It lights my fire pit quickly but I don’t use it for my grills too often. It may be because I promised myself I wouldn’t pull it out after a couple of beers…:grin:

A flame thrower is the post-apocalypse weapon of choice.

You will need one to survive not to light your grill. :razz:

Drunk on bourbon, I bought the grill gun when it was offered on Kickstarter. It took a looong time to arrive and thought I had thrown away $99. It is fun to use and draws attention. It lights my fire pit quickly but I don’t use it for my grills too often. It may be because I promised myself I wouldn’t pull it out after a couple of beers…:grin:

Yikes. Harbor freight weed burner cost $20.......

I Have one that hooks to a 20Lb cylinder leftover from my drag racing days. Rarely use it because I hate dragging it all out and hooking it up.
Wouldn't mind having one with a One pound cyl. My Mapp gas torch has to small a flame.

do any of you guys actually have this HF torch? does it work the same as the grill gun or is it much weaker? for 25 bucks you really cant go wrong! would love to hear how it compares to the "grill gun"

also if you just need something to light your pit or you just want to sear (whatever) you might want to try this torch, it would use a lot less gas and be a lot less cumbersome. I think Im going to give this a try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwoeZsSuGUI

Dan

do any of you guys actually have this HF torch? does it work the same as the grill gun or is it much weaker? for 25 bucks you really cant go wrong! would love to hear how it compares to the "grill gun"

also if you just need something to light your pit or you just want to sear (whatever) you might want to try this torch, it would use a lot less gas and be a lot less cumbersome. I think Im going to give this a try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwoeZsSuGUI

Dan

The harbor freight weed burner is the same type burner used in the grill gun.

Dan

I have a HF flame thrower. Best thing for searing Sous Vide meat. Also 2 for the Texas Brethren use it to light their Big pits. Think of it as the Big Brother to the Grill gun.

lacQel0.jpg

I have a grill gun, purchased a few years ago when it first came out, $99. I use it for the firepit & Santa Maria attachment. To me its more of a showpiece or a conversation piece for guests when they are over. To each their own, it’s not always about the money spent as opposed to the satisfaction it brings to the table. Just my .02.

Back