THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
The "Poah" side of Madison Co. Mississippi
Name or Nickame
Dude
Looking at a closeout on a M1 grill, great price considering what new ones will cost. My question is regarding clean out, looks like you have to remove the grill grates, the charcoal grates and then scrape out the ash pan. There is no side door so you have to go in from top to clean the ash. I want it but it seems as difficult to clean ash as my Hunsaker. Thoughts?

Yep what you describe is correct. I’ve been primarily using my M1 for grilling lately and that’s what I have to do. I lay down some foil on the baffle plate to make it a little easier but it’s definitely not as easy to clean as my old Hasty Bake.

I second the laying down of tin foil - I change every few weeks. I mainly use the firebox and the grate and ash tray take only a few seconds to pull out and clean the ashes.

Rob

Back