adventures of a supertramp

supertramp

Knows what a fatty is.
welp, just picked up the meat for my first big paying gig. i mean i've cooked for plenty more people than this job but it is the 1st time i'm charging anything more than cost

what we have here my friends is 111lbs of all natural, grass fed, corn finished, dna certified choice angus beef brisket along with 15lbs chuck ribs from the same cattle

20131010_165528_zpsd910179b.jpg

20131010_165625_zps32adc8a8.jpg

not pictured is 35lbs yardbird leg quarters

someone from the internet is getting married saturday and I'll be damned if anyone at the reception is going hungry

will be serving brisket, burnt ends, yardbird leg quarters, bacon-wrapped jalapenos, pinto beans w/ charred ribeye, apple-pecan cole slaw and of course au jus, bbq sauce for those that insist, bread, pickles, onions, jalapeno slices and of course sweet tea

will keep you posted on how it turned out but will probably be sunday or monday

Looks to be a wonderful gathering with some great food.

For me another wedding would still be a high price for such awesome chow...speaking of which, do we have many Brethren from Utah?

ok, phone rang and i got careless with my knife

my anger at myself quickly turned to excitement as i saw the intramuscular fat

hhhhhnnnnnngggggghhhhhh

20131010_180907_zps7fbb9e8d.jpg

Follow my nose, eh? I'll be in that region at that time...just Lewisville, The Colony, Plano, Allen, Little Elm, Frisco, McKinney. I'm assuming south of 380. sliding_billy can take Collin County, I'll take Denton county :wink:

Follow my nose, eh? I'll be in that region at that time...just Lewisville, The Colony, Plano, Allen, Little Elm, Frisco, McKinney. I'm assuming south of 380. sliding_billy can take Collin County, I'll take Denton county :wink:

Sounds like a plan!

Okay, I'm jealous and wish I could find a brisket like that! :)

If you can, would love to see the smoked pics later.

Have fun, looks like it's going to be a heck of a wedding.

Do you have to call them for a price on brisket?

I don't see it listed on their website. Any idea of what you paid per lb.?

Do you have to call them for a price on brisket?

I don't see it listed on their website. Any idea of what you paid per lb.?

Probably give them a call. I notticed as well that online they only have certain items listed.

That brisket is in their retail case @ $5.99/lb but I by at wholesale by the case

Back