THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aawa

Babbling Farker
I was browing through some sites and I saw that Adam Perry Lang's 1st cookbook Serious BBQ is being republished.

The 1st edition is for sale on amazon for $240 bucks. The 2nd edition is going to be releasing August 12th for $28.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Barbecue-Smoke-Outdoor-Cooking/dp/0986042501/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375911912&sr=8-4&keywords=adam+perry+lang"]Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste & Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking.: Adam K. Perry Lang, JJ Goode, Amy Vogler: 9780986042508: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

He's doing a very cool promotion for it!

Luckily a few of us have been able to check it out. Hoping to get over there tomorrow - but then again I was hoping to get over there yesterday and today :tsk:. He's got the books on site there.

I saw your post about his pop up. I have wanted to get his book for a while, but it just wasn't worth the money they were asking. I definitely jumped on the 2nd edition though. I have heard very good things about the book!

I am definitely jealous you got to eat his short ribs and have a chance to go to his event for the book.

I haven't cooked out of any book for a while, but this weekend I did the hatch chile chicken and the honey glazed chicken out of his book and both were very good. I've done a few other things out of there in the past and I've been really happy with how everything turned out. There's a pounded lamb chop thingee that's fanfarkingtastic in there.

I can't wait to get the book. I have been doing regular bbq for a few months now and want to try something different.

This book just arrived in the mail. I haven't tried any recipes yet, but some of the ingredients seem like a good idea. Things like grated apples to finish a sauce.

His whole hog spit roast recipe calls for wrapping the whole thing in plastic wrap after a few hours and injecting water between the wrap and skin. Interesting idea. I never thought about using the crutch on a spit.

It's worth $28.

I did the short rib recipe out of it last weekend and it came out crazy good. :thumb:

Nice! I should of gotten to the beef section before I did the dino bones on saturday. But it has been a really busy week and I didn't get to it.

I have a feeling in the next few weeks I will be getting more dino bones and doing the shorties APL has in his book!

Back