THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being that I'm not a big cream cheese fan in ABT's, my usual choice is colby jack. They come out pretty tasty:

MattsABTs.jpg

I've tried all kinds of fillings, but my fav is pineapple cream cheese. The sweetness of the pineapple really complements the heat of the jalapeno. I do the boat style and just cover the top with bacon. I find too much bacon just overwhelms the pepper and cheese. For variation, add just a little green olive, ham, or cocktail shrimp.

Chuck

Dang I need to venture out some. I just do the chive creme cheese with yardbird mixed in and then 3 eyez on the outside.

Chopped smoked string cheese and chopped dried cherries are my go to.

Actually, same cheese and any dried fruit - cherries, cranberries, figs, apricots, etc... - all work really well. The sweetness of the fruit plays well with the heat of the jalapeno and smokiness of the bacon.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Back