A Venison Tri Tip

Is the venison tri tip pretty tender about like a beef one? Any instructions on how to find and butcher it outta there? Hoping to fill my tags this season as well.

A wonderful meal. I admire your close relationship to your home and the ingredients...this is the essence of life and the soul of the human experience. I wish you many years more of inspiring life.

Wonderfully done. I think that might be the last nudge i needed to start my life as a hunter.

Thank you for the nice comments everyone, you're a kind group of friends! :grouphug: :grin:

I usually make sauce out of sand hill plum wine but haven't had the chance to make the wine. The plums worked out alright this way.

I really love hunting...just being out there.
If I bring home deer meat it's a bonus. :thumb:

Is the venison tri tip pretty tender about like a beef one? Any instructions on how to find and butcher it outta there? Hoping to fill my tags this season as well.
It is tender, but pretty small to mess with. I like the tenderloin and backstrap better. I cut the meat off the bone while it's hanging. Usually cut through it pretty fast, then carry it into the kitchen to finish.
On this deer, I took my time and looked for the tri tip before starting.
I've seen deer charts online that help locate the tri tip and I ran across a post by a friend (Eraine) who took step by step pics of butchering a hind end.
I'll send that link to you.

Hope the rest of you hunters have great luck this season!!
Thanks again friends! :grin:

Back