A thank you and a note to show newbies/potential members the kind of people the Brethren are

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
This is not directly a BBQ-related post. I put this in "my thread," and thought it might be good for more people than the few who look at the Chambers sticky to,read - to show them what kind of people are on here - what a great group of people join. MODS: please forgive me if you deem this inappropriate for Qtalk. I really wanted more,people to understand "the Brethren way" of taking care of folks...even though my case is a bit different, as I'm a bum. Please move or delete as you see fit. Whatever you decide, mods, thank you for all your hard working keeping this place so awesome. Here we go. Sorry for the length:

Omar, thank you for the kind words.

The BBQ Brethren is/are so awesome. The BBQ Brethren-the website; and BBQ Brethren the people. Since I joined, I have loved both, site and folks. I have had the privilege to meet some of you in person - and there has not been one Brethren that I didn't like very much. Y'all have been, and continue to be blessings. Since I was initially hospitalized in Dec. 2011 - and a time or two before that - y'all sent to my family and/or me so much support : financially, emotionally, and spiritually. There was a couple of times that I couldn't afford medicine for my son and for myself. There was a time that the church I was serving couldn't, or didn't, pay my insurance and it looked like they wouldn't be able to pay my salary. The Brethren chipped in and rescued us - sending money and praying for us. In other ways, also, the Brethren have helped us over the years - gifts, cross country relay deliveries, storing our stuff when I was hospitalized and we lost our house. So, so much has been done for us.

This Chambers sticky, at the top of Discussion and Reflection -especially the beginning - shows just a small portion of the emotional and spiritual support y'all have given us. You have been patient with me when I needed to vent, or bitch-and-moan, Y'all,have prayed for me, which helped more than you know. At times, it is easy for me to feel alone - or like nobody cares about my family. When I feel that way, the Brethren show me that someone does, in fact, give a damn.

Without you, I don't know if I would still be here...or where I would be. You have kept my family and me from from the threat of eviction; kept us from being without heat in the ILlinois winter - and kept me from sliding deeper and deeper into depression. There is no way I can list all you have done for us. There is a no way I can ever begin to repaying all that has done or given for us. I have received SOOOO much and given nothing in return.

Please know that I will never forget the kindnesses y'all have done for us - the numerous blessings and continual support. I pray for y'all often - some by name. I love y'all. I thank y'all, but that just doesn't express fully how I feel. Y'all are some of the best people on the planet and I wish I had a church full of y'all. Being a member here is a blessing. I pray you all are blessed likewise.

Oh, in many cases, I know, by name, who helped us, but I'm intentionally not mentioning names here, lest I forget someone. I will mention one man - Phil "Rizz, The Poobah, the owner and chief administrator and moderator. Without Phil, there would be no Brethren. Thank you, Phil, for the site,and for the support, and the WSM :)

Brethren, the Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face smile upon you and be gracious upon you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen

You say you've given nothing in return Pastor, I take exception to that...

You have shown all that read or have read your thread an example of faith, kindness, positive attitude, the power of prayer and on and on. See? Please don't sell yourself short in the example that you are setting, because you aren't a Pastor that tells others how to live, you Sir are a Pastor that leads by example.

Last edited:
^^What Jeremy said.
Dan, you have no idea of how many lives you have touched here. You are an amazing man and friend. Can't thank you enough for all you've given to us!

Shoot, thanks to you... I eat more fruit too. :mrgreen:

Many (((HUGS))) to you Dan, love ya! :hug::thumb:

There is an old saying... "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Then you factor in BBQ... and the volunteer base of BBQ Brethren helping and cooking for various charities, the returning military troops, and natural disasters (OBR); is an inspiring work of BBQ Servants.

It is we who are humbled by witnessing your example of Spiritual strength, Dan.

Amen brother Dan, your journey, your attitude, your love of your family friends and all people, your undying faith are all sources of inspiration and why we should never take life or those that are part of our lives for granted. Your journey Dan is your gift to all of us.

Back