THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know there was some stuff last year; with more people around from the church this year, I really need to ask that no alcohol be brought. I had originally thought I might sneak in some very early morning traditional beverages, but the church really is asking that we not have anything. We don't know if any of the volunteers will have an issue with it, and it's not worth the potential damage it will do to the event.

I was actually looking for a take home package.
Wouldn't think of it on the church grounds. :biggrin:

Sounds like we are going to have a pretty good turnout and with this group should be a really good time for a good cause.
Chinesebob, bringing the coffee??

Scott

OK, maybe it'll just pass over us.... I just checked the extended forcast... It don't look all that good for Saturday, but Sunday should be nice!

Saturday, May 16
15.gif

High: 74 °F RealFeel®: 73 °F
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm

Saturday Night, May 16
18.gif

Low: 55 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Rain and a thunderstorm

Sunday, May 17
06.gif

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Mostly cloudy with a shower or thunderstorm

Sunday Night, May 17
33.gif

Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Clear

Do ya'll need "helpers"?

I was wanting to come in and check it out, and my wife is always interested in "helping" out a good cause!

The weather channel says slightly different, and it will keep changing all week. Time to start praying about it!
I'm actually hoping that it rolls thru a little early... Get the rain out of the way on Friday and give us a nice Saturday and Sunday...

As it stands now, at least it's going to be nice for passing out the sammies!

We have volunteers to help serve on Sunday, but if your wife wants to help with that, I can get you the number of the church to sign up for that.

Weren't you talking about coming out on Saturday for the UDS build?

He will be there since I am getting his drum for him..now we just have to0 go out and scrounge for parts.

Not sure what I am going to do about the fire basket since my shop is all out of expanded metal.

He will be there since I am getting his drum for him..now we just have to0 go out and scrounge for parts.

Not sure what I am going to do about the fire basket since my shop is all out of expanded metal.

HD carries a 12" x 24" expandp that you can cut in half and bolt together to make a 6" x 48" piece to roll into a charcoal basket!

So your fire basket is only 6" high? I think I found some material I can use here for that.

Curt,
I know its in this post somewhere, I've scrolled thru the 18 pages but cant find it but what is the schedule of "events" along with the actual cooking.
Fatty comp, abt comp, and is there a pork comp?

Thanks
Scott

It's actually in there a couple of times:

Ok, nothing yet on tshirts; it's likely we won't have them this year. I used to work with a guy that did shirts, and he called me the other day to say he couldn't do them due to equipment problems. We'll live.

We've had some changes in who will be there, so please PM once more if you are going to be there. Don't PM if you're not.

Here is the agenda as of now:

May 16, 2009:

Show up from noon on at 1222 N. Main Street, Dayton, OH 45405. I have a group of guys that will be there to help set up, so it should be easy.

7:30: dinner. Pat and I are cooking chickens, beans, pies, etc. Appetizers are being done by you cooks. Bob Evans has donated 36 lbs of sausage for fatties for dinner. We were going to do this in the morning, but we'll do it for apps so that the Bob Evans rep can see what we're doing, too. Free sausage. If you want to put rub on fatties, stuff them, whatever, bring that along. Also for apps will be ABTs and MOINK balls. The church staff is joining us for dinner, so try to be there by then. They'll also judge the fatties, ABTs and MOINK balls.

There's a decent chance we'll have ribs and some other stuff, too, from another group in Dayton donating. And it looks like we'll have the 1000 lbs of pork in one form or another. Part of the pork is from a big hog that's being cut up for us, hopefully.

May 17, 2009:
Serving at noon
Cleanup after serving, with help from the men in the men's ministry. We'll also have several of them overnight at pit assistants, wanting to learn more about bbq.

Back