THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

willsands

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
willsands
Sunday was a nice day in the valley to provide a little exercise for the PBC. I take the easy route for fire starting by letting the old gas grill heat up the chimney.
picture.php

I added the coals to the basket load already in the cooker. Topped off the fire box with a few hickory chunks and let the PBC line out for an hour while I applied some AP rub to the charles roast and the free range orgasmic chicken.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I Let them hang out in the PBC together until charles reached 150° IT.
picture.php

I Pulled him out and cut him in two. Bagged the halves and vacuum sealed them to prepare for a 48 hr sous vide cook. The prescribed time/temp is 2 days at 161° for pulled beef. He is set to debut tomorrow.
picture.php

picture.php

I left the lid on the PBC cracked while I made charles comfortable in the hot tub. The temp in the barrel was running about 325° when I checked on the bird. She was 175° in the thickest part of the thigh and the skin was not rubbery. Supper won't be order in tonight.
picture.php

The dinner company agreed that the chicken was just real tasty. We'll see how charles is received tomorrow.

Back