THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD_Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
Now I will preface this by saying I KNOW I am over thinking this but I just want to get some insight from all of you here.

I ordered my first Wagyu brisket from SRF for a cook this weekend. It was not cheap....not by a long shot but I have never done one so I figured now was a good time. For some reason I am pretty nervous about cooking it simply because I have read that Wagyu cooks a bit different as well as how much it cost if I mess it up. Anyone have any words of wisdom on these for someone who hasn't cooked a chunk of his wallet yet?

My normal process:

s&p & garlic powder OR Oakridge Black Ops & beef broth injection
oak & hickory at 230-250
wrap at 165'ish or when color is right
pull at 195 or the "feel" is there

Pretty sure your method will turn out a great brisket... but I ain't promising a thing with that kinda $$ spent on a hunk'o'meat ;-)

I plan on buying/smoking my 1st SRF brisket soon... so I am anxious to see your method/result.

If I were in your shoes, I'd also call SRF and pick their brain. They've been selling/cooking these bad-boys for some time now.

Now I will preface this by saying I KNOW I am over thinking this but I just want to get some insight from all of you here.

I ordered my first Wagyu brisket from SRF for a cook this weekend. It was not cheap....not by a long shot but I have never done one so I figured now was a good time. For some reason I am pretty nervous about cooking it simply because I have read that Wagyu cooks a bit different as well as how much it cost if I mess it up. Anyone have any words of wisdom on these for someone who hasn't cooked a chunk of his wallet yet?

My normal process:

s&p & garlic powder OR Oakridge Black Ops & beef broth injection
oak & hickory at 230-250
wrap at 165'ish or when color is right
pull at 195 or the "feel" is there

It will finish earlier than a choice or select.. Personally, I would not inject a beauty like that, there's plenty of moisture there already, but that's just a matter of personal preference. Stick with what ya know and just start checking it earlier that you normally would. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Yeah, I was leaning away from the injection on this one just because of how much marbling is already there. The previous Prime briskets I did came out really really good so I'm hoping for the same.

Thank you guys so much for the input! KISS is my approach...I will post up pics as I go for sure.

Back