A "Hot and Spicy Chicken" throwdown...Yeah I can do that...

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
And the spicy chicken sandwich is all the rage now. So why not?

I started with some chicken breasts fileted thin and soaked in buttermilk with a healthy dose of my "smokin hot Habanero sauce" made with smoked Red Savina Habs. Also dumped in some salt.

Breaded the bird parts in a seasoned flour mix that I kicked way up with my smoked Serrano powder. :thumb:

Fired up the grill and toasted a buttered brioche bun.

Fried my chicken in some duck fat.

Then I mixed up a spicy Habanero Ranch sauce using the smoked hab sauce.

And I built a tasty sandwich with the addition of some fermented jalapenos.

But that just wasn't hot enough for the level of spicy chicken that I wanted.

So I started over.
Kicked up the Seranno powder in the breading.
Increased the Habs in the ranch sauce.
And used this instead of the fermented jalapenos.

These little orange jalapenos that I have in my garden are ridiculously hot :clap2:

Got everything together.

And I had a sandwich worthy of the title "Spicy Chicken Sandwich".

The end result was seriously spicy and hot. Or was it hot and spicy. I dunno but it was great. And I can't wait to d it again!

And as always thanks for lookin at my food like a buncha danged ol vultures.

For me the best part is that all the heat and spice were my own creations. No premixed or store bought hot at all :thumb:

Looks delicious and right up my alley! Can we see a pict. of your garden?

Unfortunately my garden got flattened by hail in late May. Very little is producing. Pepper plants have some fruit on em but they aren't even knee high. Usually by now they would be 3-4 feet tall and loaded. Tomatoes? Well I've been buying mediocre tomatoes from the farmers market just to have some to eat. I have 5...maybe 6 pounds of my own to make a small batch of roasted salsa from on Monday. Hard times. I do have plenty of okra though.

That chicken burger looks very good
We all have seasons of gardens not producing for all sorts of reasons,

Unfortunately my garden got flattened by hail in late May

I'm sorry to hear that as I also heard about what you were growing in other threads. I love chili's but between the short growing season in NY and my shady back yard they never do well for me.

Luckily I have farmer nearby that starts in a green house and will be delivering me a bushel of chocolate habaneros, as well as some red jalapenos and Carolina reapers in the coming weeks.

Back