A Blackstone Breakfast

Canned chorizo? Does that make it shelf stable like SPAM? Sorry, I've never seen anything like that before. Looks like a real solid meal!

Thanks! :-D
It's shelf stable for about 5 years. I "can" a lot of stuff.... living in the middle of nowhere, the power can go off for weeks. It's nice to have shelf stable food on hand and it also frees up freezer space. :-D

Canned, cold smoked salmon is one of my favorites to have on hand! http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2013/09/cold-smoking-and-canning-salmon-for.html

lol Thank you Moose! :becky:

Jeanie, there's more to this than meets the eye, and I wanted to share a little something with you. A couple of years ago, when I was telling The Missus about your "tatoe" posts and how cute I thought they were, she told me the story of when she was a little girl growing up in Ohio as the second youngest of six kids and was just beginning to talk. Apparently her folks also referred to them as "tatoes" as well, but at the time, she couldn't quite pronounce the word correctly, so it came out like "taloes". Her folks were so enthralled by the new pronunciation that it stuck, and so, for many years, her mom and dad called them "taloes" instead, as did the rest of her siblings...

:love:

Jeanie, there's more to this than meets the eye, and I wanted to share a little something with you. A couple of years ago, when I was telling The Missus about your "tatoe" posts and how cute I thought they were, she told me the story of when she was a little girl growing up in Ohio as the second youngest of six kids and was just beginning to talk. Apparently her folks also referred to them as "tatoes" as well, but at the time, she couldn't quite pronounce the word correctly, so it came out like "taloes". Her folks were so enthralled by the new pronunciation that it stuck, and so, for many years, her mom and dad called them "taloes" instead, as did the rest of her siblings...

:love:

lol Great story Moose!! Thank you!!! :becky:

Looks good! I have been reasoning mine after it sat all winter - and made scrapple and eggs yesterday morning.

First..great looking breakfast!..Second..thanks for showing me the way to set the egg tops as I've always used the "over easy" method but run the risk over cooking the yolks..going to try it your way..teacher. :wink:

I had a Griddle master made for my Charbroil gas grill, We use it all the time. Makes wonderful food just like yours. When can I come over?:thumb:

Thanks for the information on the canning/cold smoking. I just might have to give that a try.
You're sure welcome! Hope it works out well for you. :)

Just added a Blackstone to my Christmas list! Looks amazing!

That's great!! I think you'll like the Blackstone. Thanks so much! :-D

That looks great Cowgirl, I'm a skillet plater too!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thanks!! :-D

Thank you Nate! :)

Yep just as I thought killer breakfast all the way around Jeanie!

Thank you Joe! I think breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. :-D

Oh my :hungry:

Thank you Kevin! :-D

Looks good! I have been reasoning mine after it sat all winter - and made scrapple and eggs yesterday morning.

LM, that sounds great. I love your scrapple cooks! Thanks! :-D

First..great looking breakfast!..Second..thanks for showing me the way to set the egg tops as I've always used the "over easy" method but run the risk over cooking the yolks..going to try it your way..teacher. :wink:

Thanks so much! I squirt a tablespoon or two of water under the pan to steam the tops. Works pretty well! :-D

I did the same thing Sunday morning in my black stone had some cantalope as well,
Then needed a nap!
Dang.. that sounds good. I need to find some cantaloupe too. Thanks! :thumb:

I had a Griddle master made for my Charbroil gas grill, We use it all the time. Makes wonderful food just like yours. When can I come over?:thumb:
Nice!! Great idea on the griddle. Shoot...I'm heading to Missouri! lol Thanks!

Back