A Bit of Cold Smoked Salmon

Thank you Dan, it's nice to see you! This was some wild caught salmon from the grocery store seafood section.

Thank you Josh and Piney! :-D

I can personally attest that is some of the best stuff I've ever eaten.

Miss Jeanie was kind enough to send me some of this with some other things.

It is out of this world delicious. Jeanie, I think I still owe you for that.:oops:

PM me an address and I'll see if I can repay the debt.:icon_blush:

Folks, this stuff is farking devine!!! Just like everything she does.

Pat, thank you! You don't owe me a thing. Thanks friend! :hug:

Thank you Norm!! :-D

That is some fine product fo sho! I love hearing the tops snap.

lol Me too Blue! I love that sound. Thanks so much! :becky:

Thank you Thirdeye! I don't mess with the flavor of the smoked. I like to keep it generic for future cooking options.
Your fish looks tasty!

Thank you for the tutorial and the great pictures. :clap:

Thank you Kevin! :-D

Looks awesome Jeanie! Love the salmon dip and the deviled eggs

Jason, thanks! I can make a meal out of that dip. lol

I remember your previous thread on this and it is still spectacular That looks sooooo GOOD I love that stuff I bet that is even your own farm raised salmon too :grin:

George thanks! I wish it were my own salmon. I'll have to think on a way to get that done. lol

Looks awesome and what a fine pictorial....

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much Rich! I had this posted on my blog and thought I'd share here.

I'm wondering if the day will ever come that I crack open one of your posts and don't get totally inspired - every single solitary time I am very impressed and want to try what you're doing.

This looks fantastic Jeanie, and since my young 'uns will not be so young in a few years this has me thinking about things I can send off with them when they (hopefully) go to college. I've been wanting to get into canning but have been sidetracked by life - thanks for putting this back on the radar.

And smoked salmon deviled eggs? Hell yes! :whoo:

When salmon were plentiful here in Michigan we caught a lot every fall.
Someone gave my grandmother a canning recipe for that fish. All I can recall is we skinned the salmon and used a bit of catsup..sp? and white vinegar. She pressure cooked it and it tasted like that expensive canned salmon out of Alaska. That stuff made awesome Salmon patties. Thank you Jeanie for the memory jog here. Will try and catch some salmon here this fall and give them a good cold smoke like you did. Will also try and can some as well. Thanks again!!!

Awesome Jeanie. I am not sure where you find time to do all these wonderful cooks...

Thanks the post and tutorial Jeanie. Someone like me can learn a lot from this, and I did.
Notes taken.
I usually give most of salmon away, i just keep a few fillets vac sealed in the freezer.
But I will try this. I'm new to canning, so thank you again.

Thank you Enrico, NS and Terry! :-D

I'm wondering if the day will ever come that I crack open one of your posts and don't get totally inspired - every single solitary time I am very impressed and want to try what you're doing.

This looks fantastic Jeanie, and since my young 'uns will not be so young in a few years this has me thinking about things I can send off with them when they (hopefully) go to college. I've been wanting to get into canning but have been sidetracked by life - thanks for putting this back on the radar.

And smoked salmon deviled eggs? Hell yes! :whoo:

Greg, I can say the same things about your posts. I'm always inspired by what you make. Your dry aged prime rib is next on my list to try.
Your sons will be the most popular guys at college if you send them your home made goodies. :mrgreen:
Thanks so much Greg! :hug:

When salmon were plentiful here in Michigan we caught a lot every fall.
Someone gave my grandmother a canning recipe for that fish. All I can recall is we skinned the salmon and used a bit of catsup..sp? and white vinegar. She pressure cooked it and it tasted like that expensive canned salmon out of Alaska. That stuff made awesome Salmon patties. Thank you Jeanie for the memory jog here. Will try and catch some salmon here this fall and give them a good cold smoke like you did. Will also try and can some as well. Thanks again!!!

Mike, your grandmother's canned salmon sounds wonderful! I would love to try making it if you ever care to share the recipe. Thanks so much Mike! :-D

Thanks the post and tutorial Jeanie. Someone like me can learn a lot from this, and I did.
Notes taken.
I usually give most of salmon away, i just keep a few fillets vac sealed in the freezer.
But I will try this. I'm new to canning, so thank you again.

Thank you Sam!! I wish I were your neighbor... I'd be begging for those extra salmon. lol Canning is addicting. There are so many things you can make at home that the stores don't carry. I also like knowing what the ingredients are... Hope you have great luck with it Sam. :hug:

Back