THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

khs282

Full Fledged Farker
Well, my 9.5 lb butt cooked faster than anticipated and I am now looking at an 8 hour rest, foiled and wrapped in towels and in a cooler. Is that going to be too long?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I've held 'em that long, and they were still too hot to pull. I think you'll be fine.

How long did the cook take?

Wrap it in foil or plastic/foil. Put it in the smallest cooler that it'll fit in...like a drink cooler. Then stuff said cooler full with towels. Close the lid & leave it...don't look...you want to keep the heat inside.

If you don't have a small cooler, but you do have a large cooler...after foiling, wrap the whole thing in a large towel. Then wrap that in a larger towel. Then into the cooler & fill as much of it with other towels as you can.

For an 8 hour rest you can't insulate enough...pack as many towels around that things as you can.

So again, how long did the cook take?

The cook itself only took just over 6 hours. It is on a small cooler, 4 layers of foil and a towel. Had to stuff her in the cooler, nice and snug.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's a done deal. Just be prepared for a lotta juice when you open the foil (learned this the hard way).

Back