THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We were in the Bowling Alley Bar... LOL

Yeah, Scottie's right. It was so cold I saw one team with a bottle of Jack that they just bought that day turn into a slushie:shock:

We ventured out a couple of times to say hi to a couple teams, but opted to judge that year. I think that's the first time we met Tonto and Bud.

The next year we cooked it. It's a lot of fun, and for a good cause, so why not?

Only other time I have had slushy Jack is when I got a big block of Dry Ice and made a Clonesicle. It was delicious. But I don't need to be in conditions that are just as cold as a chunk of dry ice and that was about the temps that year...

Yup! That was the year smoke hunters had the flat on their smoker trailer and got there late and did a 3 hour briskie, and Dr Chuckie drove in all the way from MI and couldn't get into his own trunk! The wind that day just made it worse!

This is a fun competition for a good cause. I judged two years ago and cooked last year. Unfortunately, it's not looking good for me to cook this year.

hawgs & hotties will be cooking in this event.
i thought last year went well.
heard there was 16 teams. i will have moho(motorhome)in case it is cold
but 70 would be nice

Overall
1. KRE Smokers
2. Dr. Porkenstein
3. Kow's BBQ
4. Windy City Smokers
5. Mike Rib BBQ
6. 2 Skinny Cooks
7. Hawgs and Hotties
8. Dig The Pig
9. Joey Mac
10 Ma & Pa Kettle

Sausage
1. KRE Smokers
2. Dig The Pig
3. Smoke Chester
4. Dr. Porkenstein
5. Hawgs & Hotties ( Note: Dr P and Hogs & Hotties tied wit 157.1428 each)
6. Joey Mac
7. Kow's BBQ
8. 2 Skinny Cooks
9. Mike Rib BBQ
10. Bear Cat Smokers

Chicken
1. Smokin' Tasty
2. Kow's BBQ
3. Joey Mac
4. Windy City Smokers
5. Dig the Pig
6. KRE Smokers
7. Dr. Porkenstein
8. Hawgs & Hotties
9. 2 Skinny Cooks
10. Rub 1 Off

Ribs
1. Dr, Porkenstein (over 10 points above nearest competitor)
2. Windy City Smokers
3. Kow's BBQ
4. Bear Cat Smokers
5. Smokin tasty
6. Hawgs & Hotties
7. Mike Rib BBQ
8 Joey Mac
9. 2 Skinny Cooks
10. Ma & Pa Kettle

Pork Loin/tenderloin
1. KRE smokers (8 points above 2nd)
2. Mike Rib BBQ
3. Ma & Pa Kettle
4. Windy City Smokers
5. 2 Skinny Cooks
6. Dig The Pig
7. Kow's BBQ
8. Rub 1 Off
9. Smokin' Tasty
10. Dr. Porkenstein

Temps were in the mid thirties to (maybe?) low 40's all day. Although we did enjoy a few periods of little to no rain, the bulk of the day saw rain alternating between steady drizzle and downright downpour.

To thier credit (or credit their insanity) 2 teams did the whole thing without any shelter:crazy:

I'm not sure how much money ulitimately went to NOAH, but it looked like a huge success!

There were some perinnial attenders noticeably missing, but it was my understanding that they attended another competitors wedding the day before.

Only two teams were no shows. Actually, 1 and 1/2 as the second team apparently showed up last Saturday, instead of yesterday:icon_shy

The nice folks at Miller Brewing donated 1 keg each of MGD, Lite, and High Life, from which all proceeds went directly to the charity.

Overall
1. KRE Smokers
2. Dr. Porkenstein
3. Kow's BBQ
4. Windy City Smokers
5. Mike Rib BBQ
6. 2 Skinny Cooks
7. Hawgs and Hotties
8. Dig The Pig
9. Joey Mac
10 Ma & Pa Kettle

Sausage
1. KRE Smokers
2. Dig The Pig
3. Smoke Chester
4. Dr. Porkenstein
5. Hawgs & Hotties ( Note: Dr P and Hogs & Hotties tied wit 157.1428 each)
6. Joey Mac
7. Kow's BBQ
8. 2 Skinny Cooks
9. Mike Rib BBQ
10. Bear Cat Smokers

Chicken
1. Smokin' Tasty
2. Kow's BBQ
3. Joey Mac
4. Windy City Smokers
5. Dig the Pig
6. KRE Smokers
7. Dr. Porkenstein
8. Hawgs & Hotties
9. 2 Skinny Cooks
10. Rub 1 Off

Ribs
1. Dr, Porkenstein (over 10 points above nearest competitor)
2. Windy City Smokers
3. Kow's BBQ
4. Bear Cat Smokers
5. Smokin tasty
6. Hawgs & Hotties
7. Mike Rib BBQ
8 Joey Mac
9. 2 Skinny Cooks
10. Ma & Pa Kettle

Pork Loin/tenderloin
1. KRE smokers (8 points above 2nd)
2. Mike Rib BBQ
3. Ma & Pa Kettle
4. Windy City Smokers
5. 2 Skinny Cooks
6. Dig The Pig
7. Kow's BBQ
8. Rub 1 Off
9. Smokin' Tasty
10. Dr. Porkenstein

Temps were in the mid thirties to (maybe?) low 40's all day. Although we did enjoy a few periods of little to no rain, the bulk of the day saw rain alternating between steady drizzle and downright downpour.

To thier credit (or credit their insanity) 2 teams did the whole thing without any shelter:crazy:

I'm not sure how much money ulitimately went to NOAH, but it looked like a huge success!

There were some perinnial attenders noticeably missing, but it was my understanding that they attended another competitors wedding the day before.

Only two teams were no shows. Actually, 1 and 1/2 as the second team apparently showed up last Saturday, instead of yesterday:icon_shy

The nice folks at Miller Brewing donated 1 keg each of MGD, Lite, and High Life, from which all proceeds went directly to the charity.

thanks..we didnt stick around for awards after judging as results are usually posted pretty quick..except this year :p

Back