THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming right along. Great lookin build. I like the mix of styles. (Jambo/Franklin) I bet she is gonna cook great.

You throwin in second shelves or staying with one rack?

Awesome work,

Kevin

Well, hoss is finished other than finish work (grinding welds) I'm seasoning tomorrow, then off to the Sand blaster on Tuesday. Paint after that. I will post pictures tomorrow. I'm whipped

Coming right along. Great lookin build. I like the mix of styles. (Jambo/Franklin) I bet she is gonna cook great.

You throwin in second shelves or staying with one rack?

Awesome work,

Kevin

Going with single rack for now. With a top rack it would be dang near impossible to reach the back of the bottom rack without the bottom being a slide out

Well, hoss is finished other than finish work (grinding welds) I'm seasoning tomorrow, then off to the Sand blaster on Tuesday. Paint after that. I will post pictures tomorrow. I'm whipped

Kool beenz, look forward to seeng the finished product. I'm gonna upgrade to a 250 this winter, wish there was a way to just reserve the surface rust rat rod look:becky:

It's looking great man! You are killing the concept of living your dreams. The stack is a little over-sized

Compensating?

Kool beenz, look forward to seeng the finished product. I'm gonna upgrade to a 250 this winter, wish there was a way to just reserve the surface rust rat rod look:becky:

I know, if I had a plAce to store it indoors I would go that route, but it's going to be out in the elements and I want it to last as long as possible. Ending up ordering hi temp engine manifold paint (por-15), so I guess Boring black it is.

It's looking great man! You are killing the concept of living your dreams. The stack is a little over-sized

Compensating?

Ha! No, I cut 18" off of it and added the cap that Paul sent me, it now looks proportional

Sorry i am late to the show... Brother you are on the last leg... It all looks awesome... Thank you for the goodies you sent us... Tyler was estatic!!!! No need to have Done that... But we totally appreciate the package... You will be putting out some awesome Q.. Very soon...you should be proud of the work you have done.....

Sorry i am late to the show... Brother you are on the last leg... It all looks awesome... Thank you for the goodies you sent us... Tyler was estatic!!!! No need to have Done that... But we totally appreciate the package... You will be putting out some awesome Q.. Very soon...you should be proud of the work you have done.....

Thanks Paul, I learned so much over the last few months. My hands are a lot steadier than when i started, so now I need to go back and re weld some stuff cus I can't look at it if it's not at least close to right!

Ending up ordering hi temp engine manifold paint (por-15), so I guess Boring black it is.

POR15 is GREAT paint, but it has really chitty UV quslities for outdoor exposure; but fear not, there are UV additives that will compensate. Talk to your paint store, I'll be going in to mine on Tuesday and will check:thumb:

POR15 is GREAT paint, but it has really chitty UV quslities for outdoor exposure; but fear not, there are UV additives that will compensate. Talk to your paint store, I'll be going in to mine on Tuesday and will check:thumb:

So you are you thinking a high heat top coat? The auto supply store da some 1100 degree clear stuff in a spray can

So you are you thinking a high heat top coat? The auto supply store da some 1100 degree clear stuff in a spray can

Topcoating would work
http://www.por15.com/POR-15-Technical-Information_ep_62.html
but I was hoping here might be an additive that would work. I use POR15 as an undercoat on farm gates and equipment all the time but have always topcoated.

Back