4th Of July Post As You Will Cooking Thread!

Tater Salad's done.

In it went the taters, about 12~15, forgot count. A few had tough skins so they got peeled. The bacon, celery, onion, pickle, black olives and dill weed.

The dressing was 1 cup white wine vinegar, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup stone ground prepared mustard, 3 tbs turbinado sugar and a couple teaspoons cracked black pepper. No additional salt as the taters were cooked with a sprinkling, and the bacon and dill pickle added salt too. Used one cup of this mixture. Have about a cup reserved.

Here tis...

salad1_zpsd9479583.jpg

salad_zps9581a26b.jpg

No additional salt required for the cook. :thumb:

I'm debating about adding some sour cream...

That. Looks. Amazing. :clap:

Here it is the chuckie took just about 7 hours and everything came out great.

Corn and taters exit shots.

A couple plated pics.

Thanks for looking now is time to go see some fireworks!

Wow to everyone !!!!!

Not quite as dynamic of a cook or photo, but I did say something about a dawg pool.....................

Here you go, Guerry.....wrapped corn, tater packet, steaks on the sear grate & the Dawg Pool....all in one shot ~~~~>

Irish-Mexican022.jpg

Irish-Mexican024.jpg

Happy 4th everyone !!!!

Wow to everyone !!!!!

Not quite as dynamic of a cook or photo, but I did say something about a dawg pool.....................

Here you go, Guerry.....wrapped corn, tater packet, steaks on the sear grate & the Dawg Pool....all in one shot ~~~~>

Irish-Mexican022.jpg

Irish-Mexican024.jpg

Happy 4th everyone !!!!

That is a great cooking meal.

All of these shots look great. Good thread Guerry!

Just did some bacon wrapped dogs today. Tried Nathan's dogs for the first time. Pretty good. Also made a fresh double batch of Maru's pickles (spears and slices). Tomorrow, I have some yard work to do, so just some grilled burgers. Sunday, my entry to TD Sausagefest. Pictures on Sunday...

Back