THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had a little shindig at our house for the 4th. I had a brisket in the fridge that I picked up at Sam’s for about $2/lb marked down from $4.xx and a couple slabs of spares I trimmed up. Normally I don’t separate my briskets and cook whole but this one spoke to me as I was trimming on it that it wanted to be cut into two...who was I to argue. I considered cooking it hot and fast on the drum, but since I haven’t cooked a brisket that way in a long time and this was for guests, I just wound up cooking it on the Mak 2* instead. I did hang the ribs on the Clonesaker, however. The ribs could’ve gone a little bit longer as they still had a little tug, but nobody complained. After we ate we shot off a bunch of fireworks and had a good time. I woke up to a “hazardous air quality” warning due to the amount of fireworks shot off in town last night. Missouri is the #1 consumer of fireworks after all :thumb:

Oakridge BBQ Competition Beef and Pork on the brisket and Secret Weapon + a light application of Habanero Death Dust on the underside for the ribs.

Last edited:
Great looking cook. Looks like you had no issues having separated the brisket

They both finished probe tender around the same time too. I did wrap in foil to speed things along as I got a later start than I’d have liked, which I think muted some of the flavors a little bit. Next time I trim like this I’ll give the Clonesaker a whirl instead of the pellet grill.

Everything looks great but how many breakfast beers does it take to make brisket talk?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't know how I missed this post, you nailed everything! Very impressive cook and the color on the ribs is phenomenal.

Thanks :clap2: they actually had a more cherry color to them but as usual I’m dealing with terrible lighting. Oakridge BBQ rubs are like cheat codes for pretty colored ribs :becky:

A more accurate representation vvv

Back