THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had these at a corporate golf event once. Might have been my first time trying lamb. They were great.

Really nice lamb flavor. Not overpowering for just this first time. They do have a lot of fat, but these are well worth trying.

I ran 350 for about a total of 3hrs and got the crispy top I wanted and seemed to render decent enough. I could see how these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'll happily make them again :becky:
I cooked mine up yesterday. Yes, they are very greasy. I like fat, but not that much fat. I ran them at 290, I might try another pack and try a higher temp to render out more of that fat.

Last edited:
I cooked mine up yesterday. Yes, they are very greasy. I like fat, but not that much fat. I ran them at 290, I might try another pack and try a higher temp to render out more of that fat.

They are definitely not an every day or even every week meat. For my kids I did pull away the super fatty portions but they ate it up.

Try the higher temp and see what happens, but I can very much see these aren't for everyone. I loved the char mine had mixed with some of the fatty. I actually used a sweet sauce at the end to glaze a bit and found that helped to balance it out a bit.

I love lamb, love goat, love fat. These were way too much even for me. As soon as I opened the package I saw the huge amounts of fat. What surprised me is how they puffed up to twice the thickness. Never saw that before. But I'll try at least another package or two. But you do have to take a real close look. I thought I picked out a good package, but the bottom one had bones on only half, the other half was cartilage like in rib tips.

I love lamb, love goat, love fat. These were way too much even for me. As soon as I opened the package I saw the huge amounts of fat. What surprised me is how they puffed up to twice the thickness. Never saw that before. But I'll try at least another package or two. But you do have to take a real close look. I thought I picked out a good package, but the bottom one had bones on only half, the other half was cartilage like in rib tips.

Good tip on looking for the bones. I actually didn't think much about the pack I grabbed. Just caught my eye of the 3 they had out in the cooler.

I wonder if a mint jelly glaze would help complement the fattiness :becky:

Back