THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thinbluebbq

Knows what a fatty is.
We are very proud to announce that the 4th Annual Smoke on the Square BBQ Competition will be featured as the 2nd stop on the Hoosier BBQ Cup this summer. We are taking registrations now. Early registration will save you dollars and ensure you have a spot with a chance to compete for a minimum purse of $6,000. This year will be bigger and better than ever. You can find our entry form using the link below. Come see us June 27-28. http://www.discoverdowntownfranklin.com/#!smoke-on-the-square/cb9a

Team entries are starting to roll in! The first three committed are:

1) Moonswiners BBQ - Taylorsville, KY
2) Sweet Lips BBQ - Spencer, IN
3) Thin Blue BBQ - Franklin, IN

^^^ :laugh: ^^^

That IS in our back yard Podge! JT and I both live about 20 minutes from there.

I'm not sure Jan's been there before?

i am thinking this may be my first contest! i have a bunch of questions... is there a specific contact person any of you guys know about? i emailed someone from the site but haven't heard anything back yet.

This could be our first contest if everything goes right leading up to it. If it ever warms up and some of the snow melts so I can practice.

This could be our first contest if everything goes right leading up to it. If it ever warms up and some of the snow melts so I can practice.

Just brush the snow off and fire it up.. I live south of Louisville, ky. no excuse not to practice! :mrgreen:

i am thinking this may be my first contest! i have a bunch of questions... is there a specific contact person any of you guys know about? i emailed someone from the site but haven't heard anything back yet.

thinbluebbq, the author of this thread IS the contest contact.
PM him and he'll answer any questions.

Brian's a busy guy. I've been at the comp every year since the first year.
I'll help answer any questions you have as well (if I can).

awesome! pm sent! looking forward to being a total newb at this and trying to stay out of dead ass last place (but wouldn't care if it happened.)

how many teams usually compete at this event? i happened to be in the area last year later in the day on Saturday, I beleive and it was POURING so instead of walking around we sat in a bar across the street.

Couple more teams to add to the paid list. Keep em coming. Get your forms in to us ASAP.

4) Squealers Award Winning Barbeque - Indianapolis, IN
5) Livy-Q - Bloomington, IN

Another entry is in. Welcoming back a competitor that has been to every year of our competition thus far once again. Come you loafers, get your entry forms in. Yeah, I'm talking to you Frank, and JT, and Steve! :)

6) DBL-D Bar B Que - Indianapolis, IN

This one sounds fun for our HogFathers BBQ team. We have only done backyard comps thus far but sounds like we need to jump in the deep end of the pool. Any advice stepping up to the major leagues?

More teams rolling in!

6) DBL-D Bar B Que - Indianapolis, IN
7) Hug Hogs - New Palestine, IN
8 - ZZQue - Columbus, IN
9) Rib Runners - Martinsville, IN
10) Addicted to Q - Indianapolis, IN
11) WeQ4U - Florence, KY

Oh, and Dadeo719. My advice is to step up by signing up for this comp. It is super new cooker friendly and we have amazing teams that come who will keep you motivated. Tighten the batting gloves, keep your eye on the ball and swing for the fences. You won't regret stepping up. Believe me!

Back