THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
so i read the food section of the paper today and a market has rib tips at $.39 per pound. I load up the cart and the total comes to $14.97. Almost 43 pounds of rib tips are now vacuum sealed and will last a while. The wife and I prefer baby backs so this is a perfect way for me to make a chef snack from time to time.

There's a Korean market near me called Gallaria Market that sells the odd cuttings from the ribs all the time for 35 or 39 cents / pound as the regular price. I usually get about 10 pounds which is really more than I need but for only three bucks and change, how can you go wrong?

icemn62 said:
I can gaurentee he is not in the Los Angeles area, costco had ribs last nite at 2.19/lb

Spares? I checked Costco in Santa Barbara yesterday and they had BBs for $3.99 lb. Good thing I have some in the freezer that were $2.99lb
Probably because I were in Santa Barbara.

Arlin_MacRae said:
Motley - is that a local store/chain or a national chain that's got those prices?

Arlin

local small grocer, usually expensive like an IGA but i couldnt pass this up. and to jgh1204, I am proud not to be from texas ! :twisted:

icemn62 said:
I can gaurentee he is not in the Los Angeles area, costco had ribs last nite at 2.19/lb

Crap, I got my loin ribs the other day down in PHX.
$3.23 lb. And that's with case discount.
Jumped almost a buck now in one year.
First time since opening I had to change the price of ribs on the menu.

Just going to go with "Market" price from now on.

bbqjoe said:
Crap, I got my loin ribs the other day down in PHX.
$3.23 lb. And that's with case discount.
Jumped almost a buck now in one year.
First time since opening I had to change the price of ribs on the menu.

Just going to go with "Market" price from now on.

Just like Red Lobster.

jgh1204 said:
I wish it were a requirement that people put where they are from in their profile. I know some of you are ashamed that you are not in or from Texas but that should not preclude you from stating where you are from.:biggrin:

Ditto....

Back