30lb of Beef Sausage: Gochujang Habanero, Bulgogi and KC Steak

Stuffing
0b8859651dc022ec9064cfa959f56f09.jpg

So all is cased. I've been doing this new thing where once a batch has pushed out all it can there is always a little left in the tube and very bottom of the stuffer. Now I just chuck in the next batch and let that push out a few more links of the prior.

So typically one link get a smidge of both.....and in this case there is a danger link in the mix where some of the KC steak has just a little of the habanero to the right of my finger :-D.
cKoSGkDl.jpg

Here it is all done
4RN4Uqpl.jpg

vGENUuPl.jpg

Salted the remaining casings and back into the fridge.
PpzRk65l.jpg

Now the fun part of vacuuming sealing them all :becky:

Will cook some for dinner tonight. The one I did in the oven was good. Took it to 165 and cooled it down and the texture was perfect! So excited to see how they do on the smoker later.

Nice links. How long did it take you to get the technique down? I’ve tried a handful of times and I still have air gaps in my ropes.

Nice links. How long did it take you to get the technique down? I’ve tried a handful of times and I still have air gaps in my ropes.

Probably took a dozen times maybe to get to where I felt like it could do it "right" about every time. Piston stuffer much easier to get it right than stuffing with the grinder for me. I still screw things up :becky:. Had 3 blowouts in the middle of a few ropes, but then I just use that meat for patties and twist up the blown out section to still get good links out of the rest.

Once the rope is done I prick with a toothpick (though I finally ordered a sausage pricker) and then when linking that pushes out any small air pockets if there are any.

I also let them air dry on the counter for a bit which helps the casings have more of a bit through (these have cure #1).

Back