THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seems I was spoiled last year. My first ever contest was at Bill's Que & Cruz. Campground with big spots, full hook-ups, showers. Nice! Aren't they all like that? :roll: :lol:

1. Kettering...Our first contest and the best organized contest I've seen so far (including the Jack)..Jim you guys are awesome!!!

Thanks JayAre. You and Janine are a welcome addition to any contest but especially Kettering.

2. Madison...Our Second contest had a blast and my buds found a good bar down there and they would not let me live if I didn't go back to let them go back to that bar..

I missed the bar (I think) but Tina and I appreciate you guys putting us up for the night.

3. Nelsonville, smoker went Chernobyl do to drunkness, need to rectify the weekend...(nice little town, hope the contest takes off again) :cool:

Once again, thanks for the hospitality but I thought you said the bar was in Madison :confused:

If I only do 1 next year it would be KETTERING ......That was my first along with JayAre and it was a great time because of Jim and Jim. Hopefully I will learn how to cook by then.

I'm sorry, what was the question(s).....just kidding Roger, you can ask all the questions you want (if you can find me):razz:

I'm glad Kettering was your first and you're always welcome back. Your deer chili was a smash and I appreciate the help with the neighbors.

1. NewHolland Summerfest , New Holand Pa (get to see some of the Brethern)
2. Pickin' in the PanHandle , Hedgesville W.VA (the most awesome spot I have ever had)
3.Harrisburg Pa (hopefully it grows this year and its less then an hour away)

Once again, thanks for the hospitality but I thought you said the bar was in Madison :confused:[/quote]

There's a bar everywhere...just ask me, I'll find ya one!

Top Three is a very difficult question: We liked Westmont IL very much and the organizers were outstanding; Silver Lake Mi - Jeff does an incredible job and the setting on the sand dunes of Lake Michigan is breathtaking; Shannon is truly the "field of dreams" - Mike and Theresa make it a very special event.

Snowbird, Utah. What a view..in all sorts of ways!!

Rock n Ribs in Salt Lake City...been beddy beddy good to us!!

Stagecoach in California...where else can you have your RV parked inside of a 3 day concert and do 3 contests at the same time..Nirvana!!

The Jack!!!!!!!!! For obvious reasons.

I will say that Snow Bird was probably the coolest contest setting I have been to. Just breathtaking... then I actually started looking at the mountains... Snow bunnies nice.... :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

The three Arkansas Smoke on the Water contest. Little Rock, Pine Bluff and Hot Springs. Besides being close to home, they are the three highest paying contest in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back