THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These were all Prime and purchased from Restaurant Depot. You were correct about the cost as they ran $8.83 per pound.

Your first ribeye roll's packaging is clearly marked "Choice" and just by looking at the flecking on the non-dry aged steak from the loin end, a lower level of choice. Generally, the "Excel" stamped Depot primals are a couple steps under their CAB in quality.

Your first ribeye roll's packaging is clearly marked "Choice" and just by looking at the flecking on the non-dry aged steak from the loin end, a lower level of choice. Generally, the "Excel" stamped Depot primals are a couple steps under their CAB in quality.

You are correct. I thought I had picked up Prime. I did get them all from the same section where all the beef is grouped by grade, so if one was Choice, then they were all Choice.

Back