THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which griddle size should I get?

• Get the 28", it is more than enough

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • The 36" is the only way or bust

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Get neither and get something else instead

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Thanks folks for the responses.....So the griddle most of the time will be used to make breakfast for 8 to 10 people....eggs, bacon hash browns, pancakes...I know with 28" I would not be able to do all of the them at the same time.....but perhaps not on the 36 either.....

Jeanie, seeing what you are capable of making, I can see how the 36" may not be enough sometimes.

Based on that I'd say 36" as well. Even then you will be doing multiple batches of food I think. I've only used mine once but I've realized that the food you cook on a griddle is less efficient from a space perspective than a grill. On a grill you can space the food pretty carefully. Lots of breakfast foods either spread out (eggs and pancakes) or at least need some working space (hash browns etc). The 36" space fills surprisingly quickly

Well I cracked and purchased the 36"...It came out to 350 CAD which based on the current exchange rate works out to 265USD.....a fair price I reckon.....now I wait until the anticipation kills me.....:-D:pray:

Well I cracked and purchased the 36"...It came out to 350 CAD which based on the current exchange rate works out to 265USD.....a fair price I reckon.....now I wait until the anticipation kills me.....:-D:pray:

congrats, you got a better price than when I got mine a few weeks ago! I paid $300 plus tax in US money. It's a great product, enjoy!

I have both. Bought the smaller one first and love it for its small size that is easy to lift and transport for comps. Great for a small team. Only thing I don't like about it is the round burners. Definite hot spots above burners. This can also be to your advantage though. Bought the bigger one for home and bashes when I'm cooking for the masses. The tube burner is much more even across the grill. Great for cooking large quantities and for creating hot and cold zones. By the way, I take both to bashes and cooked the winning 2015 Spam entry on it. Also cooked the winning cooks choice entry on the small one at Osage City.

Back