THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kennyd0118

Full Fledged Farker
It seems Smithfield is taking over the pork distribution in my area. I can't get the double cryopacks in the butcher section any more. They looked ok and I confirmed with the butcher that they are not "enhanced".
They seem to cook a bit quicker than I'm used to, about 9 hours @ 235F, but they are also a bit smaller at roughly 6 pounds each. We'll see how they taste in a few hours.

I have 120 MOINKs going on in 2 sets later. Going to try glazing some with a raspberry glaze and some with a hot pepper jelly glaze. Pron to follow.
-Kenny

4butts.jpg

Looks awesome! Are the butts boneless? I'm usually lucky if I can get 2 butts on my LBGE...

No, Bone in. They were a bit small at about 5.5 -6.5 lbs each. It was a tight fit. They came out very good. I was very happy. Nice and moist with good bark. Everyone enjoyed the food. That's the part that makes me happy. :clap:

Lots of people eating, drinking and making music. Great musicians. Good party.
-Kenny

Back