22.5 Pit Barrel Cooker

Thing is a bit disappointing. No adjustable grates/multi-grates, temp control/thermometer, ir hinged lid. Wheels, hinged grates, and other things come out after it's launch. It's just a bigger PBC, but after it was delayed several times since it was gonna come out last spring one would think they had some differences. Also 14 pounds of fuel is only gonna last 6-7 hours?! WHAT? That is ridiculous! I know with the way I pack my PBC, I get 11-13 hours, so I'm sure I could get close to 20 hours with a 14 pound basket.

I find the PBC did not need a bigger brother. The PBC is a great device and its size is one of its advantages IMO, as well as its bare-bone features. For the low price, modding a few things in as needed is nice. Having the same bare-bone but larger pit is not such a good deal I think, there are better barrels that size

I’m glad they finally came out with this larger version but I’m still a bit underwhelmed by the offerings lately. I own an original PBC that I bought when they were still made in the USA. I’ve been very happy with it but some meaningful accessories should have been available by now. Where are the wheel options for the bottom to make it mobile? How about a hinged lid finally? These are all things I’d be willing to pay for, I’m sure many PBC owners would as well.

Congrats to them though for the new cutting boards they came out with, they are beautiful but those prices are just astronomical, at least for me.

Given the negative response on this board (which I feel we all knew was coming with the preview photos a few weeks ago) I’m not sure this PBX is aimed at this crowd (though I like my PBJ). There are plenty of pre-build and kit options with hinges and wheels for UDS like Hunsaker and Cotton Gin. I’m sure the PBC folks will have no problem selling these though!

I think it's a very attractive price for that size model. If it performs as well as the classic model they should sell well.

I probably would have gotten this instead of my Weber Smokey Mountain had it been available a year ago. I only ever use it with the hangers.

Back