THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think what they are trying to do is make sure that each team that moves on to the regional wins some cash to help them get there. Last year there were a lot of teams that had to travel great distances to the regional having not won a penny in the local event. I am sure this change was due to that feedback.

Since this event is all about overall ranking to make it to the next level, why bother paying out for the categories. This is a tournament to see who the best team is. If you move on, you win some money. If not, oh well! A bit harsh, but I am sure you catch my drift.

Medford NY looks like it may be on same the weekend as Hudson Valley Ribfest. Interesting because HVR is an established competition that draws a lot of Northeast teams.

Not liking locations. Atleast a 7 1/2 hour drive no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really looking forward to these contests this year, but I'd have to drive 10 hours to try to qualify for a regional that is 2 hours away. The St. Charles regional has two contests in texas, one in kansas, louisana, and oklahoma, well I guess the one in Lenexa, KS is only 6 hours away.

With this one now there is 3 contests the same days in Iowa all the same distance from me in different directions. Kinda surprised that there would be 3 sanctioned events on the same days. Just makes my decision tougher hopefully I pick the right one :pray:

For me the choice is to drive 8 hours for the local for the chance to then drive 18 hours to the regional which will be the same day as a very nice contest 15 mins from home.

111 miles east of Pittsburgh, unfortunately not quite NJ

Yeah, i would say this is definitely the wrong city. No way they have a pittsburgh event and this event. I think they mean Pleasantville, NJ. The map is most likely the correct location.

Hmmm...840 miles one way to Salt Lake City for the local then 1400 miles one way to Albuquerque if we get lucky. Still...there is nothing up here in April...I'll see if Rhana goes for it. We're not gonna sign up with the intention of just doing a local...in for a penny...in for a pound! :thumb:

Since this event is all about overall ranking to make it to the next level, why bother paying out for the categories. This is a tournament to see who the best team is. If you move on, you win some money. If not, oh well! A bit harsh, but I am sure you catch my drift.

Perhaps because all states involved probably have an event around the same time that is paying out in catagories?

I'll be back, just not sure if Austin or Dallas.

2 in FL. Tampa is less than an hour and Ocala about 90 minutes. Of course I'll want to have my CCW permit before doing Tampa. And both contests conflict with established FBA events (but the KCBS wouldn't care). I bet both SAMS events fill up down here. I expect I'll do Tampa. It's closer than Tallahassee.

i'm just a judge, but i'm gonna try to sign up for the regional in albuquerque. it's an 11 hour drive, but i'm sure it will be worth it. good luck to everyone.

Really surprised with the date selection for Region 5. The Pittsburgh contest is opposite Bel Air, Medford is opposite New Paltz and Pleasantville is opposite New Jersey. Bel Air, New Paltz and New Holland are 3 of the top contests in the Northeast. I have a feeling Laurel is going to be a bear to get into.

Looks like they have tweaked some of the rules too. Teams can only register for one local event. I like the new payout schedule. Finally a contest showing a little love to the overall results!

Be nice if we could get some more contests up here in the Northeast, but hey who doesn't like a good road trip?

We all know that the rule about entering one local contest is nearly unenforceable. I appreciate the effort and thought but it just isn't going to do much from a bunch of "new" sprouting up.

Back