THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will be at a Granddaughters birthday party across the river in Council Bluffs. I am hoping to be able to swing over and meet a few of you. good Luck to all

You guys are killing me...... I registered to judge but was informed earlier this week that my services weren't needed. :sad: Too many judges. I guess that's a good thing but I sure will miss the great BBQ & camaraderie! Have fun & good luck to you all. Cheers!!!

what time do you guys get fired up? I dont want to get in the way but id sure like to observe you guys in action

I'm assuming it is normal KCBS turn-in times (12,12:30,1,1:30). I haven't seen an info e-mail go out yet. If so I usually start my smokers up around 10:30 - 11:00pm Friday night. Friday during the day is set up, prep work, and BS'ing with other teams - maybe have a beer or 20. Saturday is all business - especially around turn-in time!

I'm assuming it is normal KCBS turn-in times (12,12:30,1,1:30). I haven't seen an info e-mail go out yet. If so I usually start my smokers up around 10:30 - 11:00pm Friday night. Friday during the day is set up, prep work, and BS'ing with other teams - maybe have a beer or 20. Saturday is all business - especially around turn-in time!

Cool, Ill be there friday night. Look forward to it

I talked to the chamber yesterday to see if we were entered also, sounds like there are different people handling the contest this year, and not organized...also had a CBJ friend that was not needed to judge due to a smaller number of teams this year :sad:
hopefully it will all come together and it will be a great weekend

Back