THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seems like there is a lot of local comp this year...
which is awesome, but i personally
May have to be picky this year, economy is not helping
my company keep up the funds for this hobby.

Anyone have any details on this Staten Island contest?
04/21/12 to 04/22/12 New York City BBQ Cookoff Staten Island, NY
[TENTATIVE]
Contact: Liz Iasiello Phone: 718-351-1611 x241. Fax: 718-351-6057. liz@historicrichmondtown.org
KCBS Reps: DON MULLER, NANCY MULLER
I received an email from Liz about these two days of events.
Saturday 4/21 is the The New York City Chili Cookoff. We have both cooked in the event and vended it. Great location with good crowds. Last year, even in the rain it was packed.
http://www.chilicookoff.com/Event/Event_Display.asp?EventID=2926

They run a class event so I would not think it should be any big deal for them to get approval from kcbs.

The Hicksville Fire Dept. event will be held on Sept. 23.

They'll be starting a thread here soon. It looks as though it will be a one day grilling event running concurrently to the buck-a-bone People's Choice Rib Cook-Off.

Should be a great time!

Eric

any word if The Maples is in for a second year ??? for the BOTBB

I'm also putting together a chili and grilling thing for May in Garden City so stay tuned.

i forgot all about that, they supply everything including the kettles. when i first got in to cooking i did a brisket on a kettle once, once . i wish they would supply 1 wsm instead

Each team will get 2 x Weber 22.5 One Touch Silver.
WSM=GMC Silverado
One Touch = Chevy Sonic
Both will get you where you're goin' just not as comfortably.

Look for an announcement after March 16th for Farmingdale. The event is being run by their alumni association and that's when they are having their annual fundraising dinner.

Eric

anybody know if there will be a Empire State Barbecue Championship this year...the web site does not seem to be updated for 2012...and will Sams Club Medford be a part of it?

Back