THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Here it is... I have only spoken of it before but made tons and never got around to filming it.

Hit Me Fred Cole Slaw

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NucUmX3989s"]Pitmaster T's Half Assed BBQ Video Series - Hit Me Fred Slaw (Bulk) - YouTube[/ame]

Here is our Church Recipe

One Part Sour Cream
One Part Michael Jackson
One Part Hit Me Fred
White Aretha Franklin (~ to and a little < One Part)
Little Richard (Quite a Lot - close to 1/2 Part) Remember, there is a lot of sweetness from the craisins and pineapple so I want them to be funky together
Enough Larry Graham and Butt Glitter Sprinkle Rub (Or Lower Salt BBQ Rub) to equal 1/2 part

Slaw Mix
Crushed and VERY Drained Pinapple (This is the hardest to drain and mix in)
Craisins on dried cranberries or Blonde Raisins
Toasted chopped Pecans
Extra Mustard for color if you want

sauce to wett

Wait a night, reserve some of the slaw overnight in the bag. The next morning, add that to slaw which sat overnight and got more moist. Add any extra sauce you would like.

There is a flash suggestion about this sauce embedded in the video

Thank you so much for this! I've been waiting for it ever since you alluded to it in a Hit Me Fred post.

Actually made up a bunch of Hit Me Fred and Red and Wet on Thursday for a little charity cook my wife volunteered me for at the assisted living center she works at. The red and wet was a big hit. However the way northerners were a little shy of the Hit Me Fred. I did however manage to get a few to try it on the basic slaw that I had made up. Those that were brave enough were happy they did.

For the Sour Cream name:

When ever I think sour cream I think pirogies (or however the hell you want to spell it).
In light of that I humbly submit Canada's Polka King Walter Ostanek

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshhb5ISHvI"]Walter Ostanek And His Band - Beer Barrel Polka - YouTube[/ame]

You can always add enough damn James Brown to where anyone would love it... LOL

My Candy Glaze secretly uses Hit me Fred instead of Just Fred Westley alone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2RHz7CLfY&feature=plcp"]Pitmaster T Series - Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze - YouTube[/ame]

The Next Film in the 2012 First Annual Brethren Film Festival will be coming within the hour.

Pitmaster T's Dirty Dalmatian Bark Maker 2.0 (Bulk Series)

Just wanted to thank you for posting these recipes.

I threw a little get together this past weekend for about 50 people and on the menu was your hit me fred slaw. Just about every one loved it. Those that didn't complained that it was too spicy. Fark em I say it was great then again I like a lot of Larry Graham.

I see why in the video you add extra Fred Wesley. I didn't and the color wasn't quite right. My father even said it looked like chit but tasted amazing.

According to my notes I used
2 parts hit me Fred
2 parts Micheal Jackson
2 parts sour cream
1 part white aretha
1 part little richard
.25 part larry graham
.25 part signature spice
2 part dried Cranberries
2 part toasted pecan
4 part crushed pineapple, drained (which was a #10 can worth)
4 bags of 16 servings coleslaw mix
Using 2 cups as a part yielded 1 full pan and 1 half pan

Also thought of a better name for sour cream. How about The Supremes? 'Cause when they add sour cream to your taco down at the bell they call it a supreme?

If you nix the sour cream, slaw, pinnapple, nuts, cranberries... you have a pretty DAMN good tilt on Alabama white sauce.

I am now making the Hit me Fred based on my Puragatory Stout as a starter.

Back