THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to all who competed, and again to all who were called!
It's great to see so many friends get calls at The Jack!! :-D

Mid-Atlantic and North East teams are starting to kick some big time a$$.

I don't know that starting to is the right phrase, ISS, iQue, Bobo, Lakeside and lunchmeat have been bringing home Jack for quite some time now. One of the comments made by the Emcee made when he announced the "I Know Jack About Grilling" was, " here is a team we are used to hearing called, iQue"

Not to take away from anyone, but a BIG congrats once more to Chris, Jamie, John, Andy and Kenny ( hope I didn't leave anyone out) for being the first ever to qualify 10 consecutive years!

Congrats to all who walked.

Shout outs to :
my friends at Shiggin and Grinnin
Smoky Joe at Tippi Canoe
Spitfire
Justin at Lucky's Q
Diva Q on the awesome pork win from your Royal Ambassador
Smoke on Wheels

Really happy for everyone.

I don't know that starting to is the right phrase, ISS, iQue, Bobo, Lakeside and lunchmeat have been bringing home Jack for quite some time now. One of the comments made by the Emcee made when he announced the "I Know Jack About Grilling" was, " here is a team we are used to hearing called, iQue"

Not to take away from anyone, but a BIG congrats once more to Chris, Jamie, John, Andy and Kenny ( hope I didn't leave anyone out) for being the first ever to qualify 10 consecutive years!

Not the first to get the 10 yr. exemption but still an incredible accomplishment.

BTW, you don't suck!:p For those that don't know, Muzzlebrake cooked the winning Cook's Choice entry.

I see a lot of names I know... I am going to get there next year, as a spectator/photog. :)

Congrats to all for just getting there.

Congrats to all who were invited, as that is an honor in itself - and HUGE CONGRATS to all who were called! :clap2:

We followed the awards via Twitter and a Facebook feed, and it was great to "hear" so many friends get calls at The Jack! :rockon:

They had great hats too!!
Didn't they win dessert?

Depends on what kind of dessert you're talking about.:roll::wink:
Seriously I don't know anything about a dessert,was that at the contest as well!?
I haven't seen pics on the Dutch forum yet of the Jack except this one just now...

attachment.php

On the left is Robert and on the right Harry...cool guys!
I forgot the name of the guy in the middle but he's cool too.

BTW...the person in the top right looks like he's wearing a Brethren cap?
He looks a bit like Brethren Rookie'48.

On the left is Robert and on the right Harry...cool guys!
I forgot the name of the guy in the middle but he's cool too.

BTW...the person in the top right looks like he's wearing a Brethren cap?
He looks a bit like Brethren Rookie'48.

Yes, that's Dave Compton ( aka Rookie'48 ). I happen to know that because the guy in the tan cap and black shirt in the middle of the top row is...me. The guys in the blue shirts to Dave's left are Smoke on Wheels, another Brethren team.

Last edited:
Yes, that's Dave Compton ( aka Rookie'48 ). I happen to know that because the guy in the tan cap and black shirt in the middle of the top row is...me. The guys in the blue shirts to Dave's left are Smoke on Wheels, another Brethren team.

Thanks for your reply CBQ...I appreciate it!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
You are quite welcome. To answer your other question, they had a few extra categories beyond the standard KCBS ones.

There were sauce and desert categories too, a cook's choice category for the U.S. teams, and a "Home Cookin' from the Homeland" category for the international teams. The sauce category had to use Jack Daniels.

There was also a chicken, rib, and pork shoulder cookoff for the "Shade Tree" (non-pro) teams.

Also, there was a best booth contest, won by another Brethren team: DivaQ, and a grilling contest. (won by iQue, if I recall correctly)

Depends on what kind of dessert you're talking about.:roll::wink:
Seriously I don't know anything about a dessert,was that at the contest as well!?
I haven't seen pics on the Dutch forum yet of the Jack except this one just now...

There was a dessert category and I got the Dutch confused with the Belgians. That is Dave, I was actually sitting next to him

:oops:Congrats to everyone! To be invited was fantastic (as Phil knows from "the phone call") but to get not one but TWO calls and getting to take that walk to the stage was freaking UNREAL!!! If I never get to go again, it was the experience of a BBQ lifetime!

One thing to add - I regret that I did not get an opportunity to go meet JD and Brew-B-Q... sorry guys. :oops:

Last edited:
Back