THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
did a whole lamb shoulder for Christmas day dinner. Gave it a quick sear in the CI skillet, then hit it with light salt, pepper, rosemary, marjoram and oregano. Parked it in the bath for 2 days at 135.

zCDd99jl.jpg

Came out looking like this:

bBYYHuPl.jpg

shredded it up, and served it with a wild/white rice pilaf, and some mushrooms sauteed, and mixed with some of the lamb juices, deglazed with red wine, and finished with some butter and sour cream. Came out super juicy and flavorful.

qi2KP5vl.jpg

Looks really delicious. Why does it take 2 days?
And what happened to the 40 to 140 degrees in 4 hours mantra?
Your wild rice and mushrooms looks tempting as well..

40-140 doesn’t apply in sous vide conditions. It is a sealed environment and the meat gets pasteurized.

I did lamb chops at 135 for 36 hours and they were the best ever

I,m in.
Looks like it would fall apart but still be pink?

yep...still had a bit of pink to it, but was pull tender. Juicier than when I've done them to pulling on a grill/smoker.

Looks really delicious. Why does it take 2 days?
And what happened to the 40 to 140 degrees in 4 hours mantra?
Your wild rice and mushrooms looks tempting as well..

thanks...the wife put that together. it was pretty tasty, too.

Nicely done! I did a lamb leg for 36 hours and another for 24, both at 135, and both turned out great. I like to slice mine though ... Just in case you do it again, and need time....

Back