THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ON THE FARM

Full Fledged Farker
Saturday night I put 2 briskets in one of my UMD's.
WYLDMAN rub RO lump and for the first time I used Hickory, my rule of thumb has been BEEF = Mesquite.
Well I have been wrong for a long time.

000_0018Medium.jpg

After lighting the coals and setting the temp the drum chugged along at 230* to 240*.
(Sorry the pic is a bit blurry)

000_0021Medium.jpg

Sorry these are not scratch and sniff!
This is the best smoke ring i have ever seen on one of my briskets.
Pulled them at 195* and into foil and wrapped in a towel for an hour.

DRUM005Medium.jpg

Family and friend said these briskets were AWESOME!!

DRUM004Medium.jpg

My son said it is the best BBQ you will ever get from a can! (UMD that is)

Hope yall enjoy, we did!

Looks awsome. Juicy! I just decided that I'm doing a brisket this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

beef

Looks great! Just bought a brisket today. I can't find any briskets worth a hoot in Omaha, Ne area, most are only 1 to 1 3/4 inchs thick. I need to find a good butcher.

UDS or UDM (I think my favorite is "bum heater') whatever you call it that is a fine looking brisket! :biggrin:

Looks great! Just bought a brisket today. I can't find any briskets worth a hoot in Omaha, Ne area, most are only 1 to 1 3/4 inchs thick. I need to find a good butcher.

BRBBQ have you tried the Sam's Club at 132nd & L St. I've had decent luck there. Talk to the butcher if you can't find what you're looking for. BTW, I heard that Hy-vee is putting butts on sale for $.99/lb this Thu-Sat.

Back