THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
On the way home yesterday I had that craving...
The craving we all get from time to time...
I needed beef!

So, I stopped by one of the local meat markets to see what cut of cow they might have on sale. I came across this Top Round cut, they called "Family Steak". I decided to go with a nice 2.7lb one.
1105101713.jpg

When I got home, I realized that I wouldn't have time to fire up the OTG. :shock: Seeing as this beast was not going to fit into a pan and I didn't want to wait for the oven to heat up, I went with my indoor gas grill. :becky:
1105101717.jpg

While the "grill" was heating up, I took out my tenderizer and proceeded to get out all of my agressions.
mms_picture-7-2.jpg

Olive oil was applied and then I sprinkled on my latestes beef blend of spices. Then it was onto the grill with it!
1105101718.jpg

It cooked for a good 10 minutes on the one side.
mms_picture-6-2.jpg

Then the flip! Where it stayed for another 10 minutes.
mms_picture-5-2.jpg

I gave it a couple more flips when the pink meat police showed up and shook their finger at me. :mad2:
mms_picture-4-2.jpg

mms_picture-3-2.jpg

Finally it was done enough to be dished out. Here are the baby bears' plates.
mms_picture-2-2.jpg

Mama bears plate.
mms_picture-1-2.jpg

And Pap bears plate! At this point I think the green beans have become more of a garnish than an actual side dish.
mms_picture-15.jpg

I must say it most definitely hit the craving spot and there were no complaints :thumb:

Back