THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I put the avocado in the pic so you can get a sense of the size of the steak.

Attachments

I've honestly never had anything cooked directly on the coals. Does it not leave a nasty taste of burnt charcoal on the steak???

Not at all Tsevg9, it was honestly the best steak I have ever had, no BS. I guess the science behind it is that the coals are at like 2,000 degrees so it sears in the juices on the entire surface rather than just the grill grates. It had an amazing smokey flavor that I have never had in a steak before. I would recommend this to anyone, you don't need a monster cut like I used but if its under an inch thick it will cook in about 2 min.

Niiice. When I first saw the finished steak I thought you may have over cooked it but seeing the pics of the cut steak, I'd say winner, winner. I am definitely going to try this. Nice piece of cow.

Back