THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
On Saturday I smoked two packer briskets (about 8.5 lbs each after trimming) in our Big Green Egg. One was for my family and the other was a thank you for my neighbor for giving me a Kamado (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94955).

Over 17 lbs of meat in my Egg at one time (a new record for me):

IMG_6609.jpg

I separated the point from the flat:

IMG_6612.jpg

Sliced the point across one way and like how it looked so I took a pic:

IMG_6615.jpg

I finished cubing it, added some rub and sauce and put it back into the Egg to make burnt ends (no pic :sad: - I was running late for a brunch and didn't have time for a pic).

After a couple of hours I sliced the flat:

DSCN3827.jpg

and then ran the sliced brisket and burnt ends over to my neighbors before running over to a pizza cooking class put on by fellow brethren OakPit, jruloph, and Oakpit's partner Carrie over at Green Leaf BBQ.

It was a weekend of big eating!:becky:

Wow, nice work on those briskets John. Did you get to cook pizza on the Sole? Man, I loved the way that thing cooked, incredible results.

Thanks Bob! We cooked/ate 3 pizzas: a "black & blue" (steak & bleu cheese) - cooked on a BGE, pulled pork - cooked in the Sole pizza oven, and a pear dessert pizza on a BGE. All pies were delicious & I'm not doing them justice without having pics (took my point&shoot and batteries died after 2 pics). OakPit should have pics - maybe he'll share with us.

Back