THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocky Brands has step up for 2009 and put up $10,000 in prize money for the Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival. The break down is as follows;

Chieck, Ribs, Pork, Brisket
1st $500
2nd $300
3rd $200
4th $150
5th $100

Overall
Grand Champion $3000
Reserve Grand Champion $1500
Top Ohio Team $500

For more information follow the link at www.nelsonvillechamber.com

Come on down to Nelsonville October 16th & 17th 2009

Rocky's Must have sold alot of boots this year!, thats cool, we plan to be there (as long as roger dont get us drunk again at the local tavern!)

I don't think we will b e able to keep Roger out of the tavern. I believe that "The Mine Tavern" is the official BBQ Team meeting place for 2009. Rocky is really commited to making the competition work.

Just found out a friend of mine who lives in Hocking has a girlfriend thats works at the bar there so I already have a bar stool reserved. 9:22 shots at bar???? Jim said he would buy.

Rocky's Must have sold alot of boots this year!, thats cool, we plan to be there (as long as roger dont get us drunk again at the local tavern!)

Scott I would think 1 1/2 hrs its the most beautiful place in Ohio. Like being in the Blue Ridge mountians. www.hockinghills.com

Dont know if I am competeing this year???

its longer than an hour and half, I don't exactly remember how long it took us last year, but seems like it was around two or two and half hours.

:icon_cool

Hocking is 2 /2 for me and Nelsonville is 3 for me so I was taking off the 1 fomr me to dayton. Besides i was having a drink while the food cooked....But then I dont drink???????

Nelsonville has 11 teams as 9/1/09 so there is plenty of room for more people. There were some problems with a $25 late entry fee but that has been done away with. We still have plenty of space and lots of things to keep you and your team and family busy!!!

9:22 shots at bar???? Jim said he would buy.

Pigman,

Count me in, I'll be there. I'll take Bear's too since he don't drink.

We will make sure we put you by the beauty salon, last year they were complaining about some "dirty old man" who kept staring and asking them to raise their hands if they liked BBQ. I figure they will be safe with you there, right?:lol:

See you in a few weeks.

Sarge

lol @ the "winnings from Nevada"....I covered my parsley expense.....but, some of the pictures are priceless....a great one.....but, I double dogg dare the perry brothers to come on out for this one.....

Website has 15 teams listed as of the last update on Sept. 6th. We are still hoping for a lot more teams to come fill up the Public Square with lots of great smoke.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. And for those who were there last year, Bear and I will have the camp fire going again, so feel free to stop by and get warm.

Sarge

Entry form sent out....come on folks.....a prize amount like this does not happen in Ohio.....and they have worked their tails off to get it back on the map.......glad to see some teams that have not been in the past few years.......looking forward to it....I would say that it looks like it will end up being a qualifier at the least....

I would love to cook at it. I am impressed with the prize money too because frankly I dont buy that bullchit "its not about the money". In fact for next year we have already decided that we are going to consider the payouts more before we enter any comp. So my hat is off to Nelsonville. Our problem is time.

Sent my entry in Thursday along with the late fee I didn't know was waived. Maybe I can get a credit at the bar. Look forward to seeing everyone and I want to reserve a space under the palm trees in balmy Nelsonville.

Paul

The teams keep signing up for Nelsonville. Just finished a planning meeting and we should have a good line-up of stuff to do along with the competition. What we need now is more judges, preferable certified. If you know a good judge or a judge just send them to our website, www.ohiobbq.com go to the judges section. Looking forward to seeing everyone in October.

Back