THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T

tntjz3

I'm doing my first big gig (to me). It's for the 3rd Annual Tin Can Tourist Rally here in upstate New York, May 20th-23rd (plug). I need to know how many pork butts, 10lbs each, will I need to feed 100+ people one meal? It's a dish to pass so there will be a HUGE amount of sides, I will be providing buns and BBQ sauce as well. Thank you!

Thanks, I get mine at Wegmans here in Ithaca NY they carry as a norm 10lbs for .99 per lbs. it's in their "club pack" pretty cool.

To figure this: 2lbs raw meat=1lb cooked pork.

1/4lb per person x 100 people= 25 lbs cooked pork or 50 lbs of raw meat. As drbbq pointed out, you may want to go on the high side of figures, so I would agree with about 60 lbs of uncooked meat.

One question; is the line served or self serve? If it's served I would go with the 60# of meat if it is self served I would definitely use the 70# figure.

Back