• Savory Fire-Grilled Spicy Apple Seasoned Pork Loin Chops Cooked Over Hot Hickory Coals

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Couldn’t resist picking up this pair of pork loin chops the other day at Publix. The price was certainly right.

I wanted to brine them, and turned that over to the Missus, as she has created a SUPERB brine for pork. Here’s a pic of the spices she used:

(The brine recipe is included in full at the end of this post)

After I pulled the chops out of the brine, I rinsed them, then gave a generous dusting of Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple:

An indirect fire in the kettle awaited, with equal parts KBB and B&B Hickory Lump:

Then onto the kettle:

While the meat was cooking, I snapped this cool silhouette of the kettle:

When the internal temp of the meat was around 135 degrees, I moved the chops to the hot side for a nice hot sear for around 45 seconds a side:

And finally, the chops right off the grill:

They were moist, spicy, and uber flavorful from the wonderful spices in the brine and the Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple rub. Thanks for looking, and here’s the brine recipe:

The Missus’ Pork Chop Brine Recipe(enough for two chops):

½ tsp each of:

Whole Coriander
Whole cumin
Clove
Carroway
Whole black peppercorns
Whole white peppercorns
Whole Green peppercorns
Celery seed
1 cinnamon stick

Plus fresh herbs:

2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary

2 sprigs rosemary

Into a liquid solution of:

¼ cup sugar
¼ cup salt
2 cups room temp water

Soak chops for 4-5 hours. Rinse chops with water, then dry before seasoning.

Last edited:
Sounds like a full flavored brine. But I'm seeing a couple sprigs of oregano that wasn't listed in the recipe.

The chops look great!

You had me with the great price for those beautiful chops, then it just kept getting better and better! The end result is porky perfection.

You nailed those pork t-bones Richard. Outstanding! Love Missus' brine.

Back