• Garlic & Rosemary Encrusted Rotisserie Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
A few months back, I noticed some marinated boneless lamb legs at the local supermarket. I'm not one to usually buy pre-seasoned packaged meats, but they didn't have any preservatives or soaked in some kind of frankenbrine, so I bought one and grilled it, and it was great!

So I picked up another one the other day, and decided to try it using my new Onefire kettle rotisserie kit. Here it is in the package:

DSC_0753_zpsx1lr3xfz.jpg

Pulled it out of the package:

DSC_0755_zpsfiibsubs.jpg

Out of the netting:

DSC_0756_zpsb1b18e59.jpg

Then I seasoned the meat generously with some BBQ rub and homemade coffee rub to help it develop a nice "crust":

DSC_0757_zpsybocrgjq.jpg

All ready to go on the kettle:

DSC_0758_zpsx9orwgle.jpg

Meanwhile, I set up the Weber with coals positioned on opposing sides of where the rotisserie rod would be placed:

DSC_0759_zpscifny9nw.jpg

And on it went, along with some chunks of oak on the hot coals:

DSC_0761_zpsg29q5wbc.jpg

Once the rotisserie was mounted, I placed a pan under the meat to catch the drippings.

Cover closed:

DSC_0762_zpsv059sdgb.jpg

About 35 minutes later, I took the lid off, and was treated to this:

DSC_0763_zpsofxae43b.jpg

At that point, the temp was around 120, so I let it spin for another 10 minutes and pulled the roast off to rest. It read about 130 at that point, the exact target temp I was looking for.

Here's some pics after I sliced it and dressed the meat with pan juices:

Lamb%20Final_zpsericw38a.jpg

The meat was fantastic, and significantly more juicy then the last one, which I just grilled. And the crust that developed from all the garlic, rosemary, BBQ and coffee rubs was off the charts.

Looks delicious Moose!
I don't see marinated lamb around here. just regular legs.

Looks incredible the cook is perfect. What is the brand on the package?

Looks incredible the cook is perfect. What is the brand on the package?

It really didn't have one - I suspect it was private labeled for Vons(Safeway). The lamb was sourced from Australia, though.

Man that leg of lamb looks amazing. I remember when I first was learning how to bbq and cook steaks, I tried to cook a lamb steak like a regular steak, but on a skillet. Boy was that a mistake, it was nasty, had to recook it because it was raw, then it became dry. lol. Thanks to your post I want to give it another shot and this time I have more experience. lol. Also, if you have a COSTCO up your way, try their already dry rubbed spare ribs. They are realllllyyyy good.

Man that leg of lamb looks amazing. I remember when I first was learning how to bbq and cook steaks, I tried to cook a lamb steak like a regular steak, but on a skillet. Boy was that a mistake, it was nasty, had to recook it because it was raw, then it became dry. lol. Thanks to your post I want to give it another shot and this time I have more experience. lol. Also, if you have a COSTCO up your way, try their already dry rubbed spare ribs. They are realllllyyyy good.

Lamb really lends itself to cooking over hot coals. We do have a Costco nearby, and their Lamb Loin chops are the best, plus very reasonably priced.

Back