Thermometer recommendation?

ssj4vinh

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hey guys,

I'm using a kettle grill to smoke right now, but I'm having trouble with temperature control.

What I'm looking for is a thermometer set that includes a meat probe along with a probe for the temperature at grate level. Ideally, I want to be able to read the meat's temperature as well as the temperature inside the smoker without having to open the lid. Any product recommendations? THANKS!

A quick Google search on "digital thermometer dual probe" shows Taylor makes a couple...with others listed as well.

I use Taylors and Nu-temps. The Nu-temps are great but eat batteries as there is no on/off switch but you can hook up to 3 probes to it and watch temps from the family room. :cool::cool::cool:

Don't buy a dual probe. Although some people swear by them I believe you have a far better chance of being disappointed. I'd go with two of the, above mentioned, Thermoworks oven thermometer.

I have a maverick and im geting ready to order the newer model for the longer distance I have had no problem with it and have had it over a year

Back