If You Are BBQ'n Your Turkey, What Are You Cooking On?

This:
SpatchedTurkonBoard.jpg

on this:
Newestmember.jpg

im doing ham on the UDS and Turkey on the traeger, still workin out some bugs on the uds so i figured i should do the forgivin ham on it

Breast and whole bird in the Bandera for what will be her last turkey. :( Going to pull the bird after an hour or two and deep-fry for the finish.

either the BGE or WSM...can't decide...heck, maybe the BSK. Yikes, now I'm even more confused.

country ham on big smoker 2 breast in oven , if I can get the bugs work out a whole turk deep pit. We have our on Fri

14lber on the BGE...apple and pecan for smoke...using Kosmo`s Chicken Soak for the brine and Dirty Bird for rub...play by play pics to follow...;0)

A 10 lb breast and a 12 lb whole bird just came off my Chargriller pro w/sfb. Pecan and cherry, injected with butter, stock, lemon juice, sage mixture.

Wanted to do one on the egg but too windy so I did two today on the FEC -100 and will do two tomorrow on the FEC as well. Just too cold for me right now to go play with a fire when I can push a button.

14 pounder on the UDS. Just did 2 of them last week as per SmokinOkie's Turkey 101 instructions.
Spatchcocked and leg and thigh section removed.

That is a killer way to do turkey. Thanks okie for the tip.:thumb:

Sadly I've given up on smoking birds. Crispy skin is just too important to me. Putting a 12 lber on the Big Easy, and Turducken breast on the rotisserie. The Big Easy as much as it goes against my grain produces pretty top notch results. Will throw some hickory chunks in the bottom.

Back