cook time line.

What are you looking for?? A timeline that starts when you arrive onsite thru turn-ins or just something to follow for Saturday's?

thats going to vary depending on cooker..how you cook..etc..
best bet IMO would be for you to do a trial run in your yard and work out the times that work best for style of cooking and cooker

Timmy, see John's time lines. Probably a good starting point. However, really, heed
Bill's advice carefully.

I changed smokers mid-season this year. What I didn't take
into account is that the newer smoker has a significantly larger capacity and therefore
the ribs were spaced out better; not so jam-packed as they were in my other cooker.
With careful and precise interior surface temperature control, but better heat and
smoke circulation (in the new cooker), the ribs cooked 45+- minutes faster. We went
to turn in with ribs that darn-near needed duct-tape to hold together...

Same surface temperature, same ribs, same timeline, done much quicker. Start with
someones then work it out precisely on your own cooker.

FYI - I should note that I cook hotter and faster than most, which obviously affects the timeline dramatically. You'll have to adjust accordingly.

John

OK for Saturday eats at 5pm duringthe game.

Ribs - St Louis cut take about 6.5 - 7 hours so wanting them off and hot I start them at about 240 - 250F at 10 am. wrap at 1:30 unwrap at 3:30 and sauce and turn down temp if necessary. When they come out of the foil they will feel like they will split easy but when they sit on the grill for 2 minutes they will start to firm up again.

Chicken - use a different cooker than ribs. 2:30 pm - 300F and in a foil 1/2 pan with butter for 1 hour then cover for an hour then remove from pan, sauce and out at 5. Works for thighs, quarters or 1/2 chickens.

Pork - I want it resting at 3 so it takes about 12 hours at 240F so it goes on at 3 am. Now if you cook it at 300F it can be done in 9 hours so on at 6:00. Wrapping optional but if you don't wrap spray with juice occasionally.

Brisket - never do it for a Saturday pleasure cook. Get tri-tip and 300 until about 125F internal then rest for 30 minutes and thin slice and get out the horsey sauce and the kaisers. Stack it at least an inch high. Or get a beef tenderloin and cook to 122 internal.

Pig Candy - takes 2-2.5 hours and is great game eats. Something for the ladies.

Beans - 2 half pans take about 4 hours at 240 and will feed about 40. Start with a #10 can plus black beans, fruits, pulled pork, onions, BBQ Sauce and seasonings.

great thanks for the info and help. you all are great people. thanks a million.

Back