THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe I should just try the following in the Bandera. Just found this:

Posole

1 1/2 cups dried hominey, soaked overnight in water and drained or two 16 oz. cans hominey rinsed and drained (about 3 cups).
1 1/2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
chili powder
2 cups onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
6 cups chicken broth
salt to taste

In a large pot, combine all the ingredients except salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; lower heat and simmer, uncovered for 2-3 hours or until meat and hominey are tender. The stew should have plenty of liquid, so add more water if necessary. Salt to taste before serving.

Posole right up there with rice ands grits. Eat all that together and scrape the pipes clean.

Thanks for the correction.

My favorite Hominey recipe:

Smoky Links and Hominy
Freeze a package of smoky links (not the little ones, regular hot dog size)

Once frozen, cut into smokey "nickles" Easier to cut this thin when frozen.

Throw in a frying pan and heat.

Rinse a can of hominy.

When smokies are cooked add hominey. Heat for a few minutes, eat while piping hot.

Quick, easy, and very filling.

I've been eating this since I was 2.
My wife hates the smell, but the kids are now hooked on it too.

Ranks right up there with fried Bologna

Shall we move on to the Spam burgers or Spam and eggs, or perhaps the little smokeys (yes, the little ones) in a crock pot with Kraft BBQ Sauce (served with toothpicks :D) or Rootbeer Fizzies.

I used to live on fried bologna sandwiches when I was in high school.

I didn't say anything was WRONG with Kraft!! :D

Brian was standing at the Sabine river yelling "Remember the Alamo" when Santa Ana surrendered :D

Thats S*it aint BBQ Sauce. Its brown ketchup and dont belong near anything that resembles real Q. Which BTW, you may just be making this weekend.

:)

I sliced up half a pork loin, then sliced the slices into strips.

Threw in a pot to heat. Added: Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, Dreamland, and some Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce. Heated it all up low so as not to stick.

Right near the end, I took out the Blues Hog sauce from the fridge. Man that stuff is thick in the fridge. Molasses or honey in that stuff. I added 3 tablespoons (I dish that stuff up sparingly)

Awesome. Daughter even took some in a pita to school today.

Dave, you ever do that pork loin last week?

Bill;

Oh yeah, we did pork loin last weekend. It was great! I missed having the cherry wood smoke flavor but other than that it was just right. Did the 165, foil, 190, cooler routine. Moist and super tender -- would slice but you could cut the slices with a fork.

Used some of my oak for smoke and apple juice for spraying.

Wish I had Phil's BYC this weekend -- I'm doing about 8 full pork loins for about 120 people. Gonna have to do 'em in the oven since I just don't have access to a smoker big enough :(

One of these days!! :D

Back