50th birthday bash, BBQ for all

firecracker jack

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, glad to say all went really well.:lol: I got a lot of compliments on the Que, and everyone left with a smile and a full belly. Gained alot of experience as far as larger cooks go. Sometimes it was just too much for me and the wife to get it done, had to have a little help with prepping the deserts and pulling the pork. We ended up arriving about an hour late, but we did get there and serve it up.
30lbs of smoked brisket, 24lbs of pulled pork, and 21 slabs of beyond beautiful baby-backs. The briskets smoked for about 17.5 hours and had me quite fooled as to when they were really done( they were so tender that the probe literally went in like butter the first time I checked temp at 165*). They were very tasty, maybe a little too tender, and people kept coming back for more. As mentioned before on the Brethren forum I did one brisket(that I snagged on) seasoned wth just coarse salt, pepper, and cayenne.....Very good! The pork butts took about 14 hours and turned out very tender and full of flavor( I thought the best results I've had so far). The baby-backs were some of the finest ribs I've ever had the pleasure of cooking. I'm going to have to call the meat market where we bought them and say thanks...$2.69lb what a deal! We didn't go through them all,(thankfully, cause I snagged on a coupe of slabs, one for me and one for my wood guy). They didn't have quite the flavor I'd like to see, but they went pretty quickly when we started serving them up. My brother called me earlier today to say that people were calling him and saying how good they were. Finish it up with smoke roasted bluebery cobbler, served with Vanilla ice cream(they were all carrying on about that), and unfortunately the smoke roasted pears didn't get cooked up(out of available grills, and after being at this whole event for going on 30 hours straight, I was out of gas)....I know, excuses excuses. I'll have to apologize for the lack of pics of the final products, but my wife, my brother and I were busy servin' up the Que!:icon_cool

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-6.jpg

015-5.jpg

005-10.jpg

001-6.jpg

004-8.jpg

IMG_14991.jpg

IMG_14971.jpg

IMG_15201.jpg

IMG_15241.jpg

IMG_15151.jpg

IMG_15141.jpg

012-5.jpg

Glad everything went well firecracker. The blueberry cobbler does look really good.

That all really looks good. It has been a dream of mine to get a larger smoker. That is really great.

Man, food looks great. Looks like everybody had a great time..

Great job! Beautiful looking food and a nice setting for a cookout too.

What a great job, yeah, I can see where that cobbler was a big seller. Those pears are huge.

Firecracker,, That was awesome, The meat on the counter wow. All that meat on the counter,"wow" And it was a great looking backdrop for the party, Was that a Park? and Mmmmm on the Cobbler now that was outstanding , You most defenitly have bragging rights here in my Book.

Awesome job. That's a whole lot of food. Where did you get your briskets?

EatonHoggBBQ,

I got them downtown at the Eastern Market. Fairway packing was the name of the place....USDA CHOICE, ANGUS BEEF!.....$1.98lb...Don't let em know it's about the best deal in town or there sure to raise their prices.:mrgreen:
There's plenty of meat handlers down there, well worth the trip. Just look at the eastern market directory on there web page and call around...

Back