Qing this weekend and have a question.

Pitbull

is one Smokin' Farker
I picked up a medium size corned beef point to throw on the pit along with my brisket, just to see what happens. I've never done a corned beef anything. Should I just throw it on the pit or rub it or what?

There are alot of threads on here about pastrami. You will want to soak it in water to get the salt out. Put a couple of peeled spud chunks in with it to soak up the salt.

Paul

PS Wayne has a great arcticle on his web page:playing with fire and smoke

Pitbull, we did one about a month ago, like Paul said, we soaked for a couple days with taters in the water, drained several times, then let rest naked and wrapped in frig for another day. Smoked to about 160 ( I think), oh man it was fastastic. Let us know what you decide. There are a lot of good threads on this. Good luck!

There are alot of threads on here about pastrami. You will want to soak it in water to get the salt out. Put a couple of peeled spud chunks in with it to soak up the salt.

Paul

PS Wayne has a great arcticle on his web page:playing with fire and smoke

Ditto,I agree with Paul. I have tried pastrami a few times and followed Wayne's guide, it comes out great. I do finish it in the pressure cooker to get that steamed NYC style.

Here are some of my previous cooks:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47710&highlight=pastrami
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48236&highlight=pastrami

Good Luck!

Kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and coarse ground coriander are the traditional pastrami rub ingredients.

What is that you sprinkled it with? Salt and coarse ground black pepper?

I skip the salt (there is enough in the meat)... 12 parts black pepper, 1 part each of coriander (sp?), garlic powder, onion powder, & peprika...

I skip the salt (there is enough in the meat)... 12 parts black pepper, 1 part each of coriander (sp?), garlic powder, onion powder, & peprika...
This one sounds good.
Last one I did was Thirdeye's . :biggrin:
Good stuff! :mrgreen:

What is that you sprinkled it with? Salt and coarse ground black pepper?

A drizzle of EVOO and then combined the following:
Salt, course ground black pepper, ground coriander, garlic powder and onion powder. 3 parts pepper, 2 parts coriander, onion, and garlic. 1 part salt.

Back