• Great Idea! Sorry cant help

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Go to your room now!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Not sure that this should be here so feel free to move the thread if needed.

First the story:
A friend and I have been providing BBQ for our Parish Picnic for 10 years. I finally three years ago got the committee to a approve bbq other than Burgers and dogs.
This is a great parish picnic with washer tournament (MOFO horseshoe mod) Beer garden, Bingo, inflatable rides for the children music at night and other activities... I think they are going to have human fooz ball game. whatever that is... Hope the dont bring up Donkey ball..

Now the Idea:
In the past we have supplied all the meat for the BBQ. That will not change. Would like a number of brethren to either come to my house the day eve before or meet at the school and cook for the picnic.Last year was pulled pork and brisket. I would like to add ribs and some other sides that we are known for like BBQ Parfait ect. Lunch is 12-4 but reality we never make 3:30 with the food. I think it would be kewl to have brethrens and sisterens and spouses help serve. Like to see some volunteers serve that day all with brethren attire hat shirt something with logo. (Sept 20th). I think it would give some great exposure to us. It will also help for the parishioners to put a face with some of us soo when we ask for an area to have a contest they would be more willing? The picnic committee provides funds to improve the school infrastructure ect. It is a great cause. What you think. I will be putting a pool up to see what you think. Thanks for hearing me through....

If I lived closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Hope it works out and sounds like lots of fun.

What is the date????

If I'm open, count me in!

Date

What is the date????

If I'm open, count me in!

The cook overnight Friday and have lunch from 12-4. The dinner is Fried Chicken that starts at 6 on Sat. Sept 19-20. WE DONT DO DINNER Thanks

PS I can house a couple Brethren at my house if you coming in from outta town (Couch mod tho) Save some $$

The cook overnight Friday and have lunch from 12-4. The dinner is Fried Chicken that starts at 6 on Sat. Sept 19-20. WE DONT DO DINNER Thanks

PS I can house a couple Brethren at my house if you coming in from outta town (Couch mod tho) Save some $$
I'll check the calendar when when I get home... Hell (oops, Lutheran Mod), I should have the trailer in good condition by then!!!

Oh

I want to also have a sign made with Brethren logo that we are doing this and post it during the event!

I can see it now . . .

"BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FIRST CHURCH OF THE BBQ BRETHREN"

So, is there ANY way non attending brethren could help out? Be glad to. Rubs? Sauces? There's some guy on here givin away Pecan:wink:pM if need be.

Paul

ohwe wee that sounds fun but really is to far I will be there in Spirt. Good Luck

I can see it now . . .

"BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FIRST CHURCH OF THE BBQ BRETHREN"
Will the communion cup have Shiner or Cabo?

This sounds interesting Ashmont, will keep an eye on the schedule, then let you know.

Oh no!!!!

Will the communion cup have Shiner or Cabo?

This sounds interesting Ashmont, will keep an eye on the schedule, then let you know.

Wyatt coming to be head Pit master.... What an honor!!!!!! :evil::evil::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

if i dont have the kids im in.... as long as they dont mind hebrew helpers...humor mod

Can volunteers get in the washers tourney?

Seriously, sounds great. If it were nearerererererer to KC, I'd be happy to help out.

Sure

Can volunteers get in the washers tourney?

Seriously, sounds great. If it were nearerererererer to KC, I'd be happy to help out.

The washers tourney usually sells out even before the event starts. I can reserve a spot or two for Brethren volunteers. I understand about the distance factor for a lot of the Brethren. Gas prices are just way to high...

As mentioned verbally, I'm glad to help cook, on my cooker or to monitor some one else's. I can get 200+ lb of butt in my cooker, or 10+ briskets, or however much chuck we want to throw in there. I can also prolly hang about 25 slabs of ribs at a time. Just lemme know. Not sure if I understood the the original eMail correctly, but I will not be purchasing any meat for the church. Glad to cook and provide fuel/rub/sauce/etc.

For those looking for a place to stay besides the couch, check out the red roof inn. Cheap place, but the most affordable in the area IMHO.

dmp

Back